Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hypospadias

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 10:02 pm
I am out of town and had to see a pediatrician with my 8 month old for an ear infection. The pediatrician told me that my son has hypospadias and I should see an urologist. I'm nervous about this although he told me that it's nothing serious.

Also, isn't this something that is usually detected at birth? Why didn't my pediatrician notice this earlier. I will make an appt with him when I get back but in the meantime pls tell me whatever you know about this.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 10:05 pm
If it was anything that needed attention I would think your mohel should have told you.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 9:31 am
My ds had one that was pretty mild. They told us in the hospital. The mohel actually cut less than usual bc of it. We never went to a urologist but we went to a regular pediatrician who didn't think we needed to do anything.
if it is more severe, then they would do minor surgery to correct where the opening should be. But there is no rush.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 11:19 pm
Bump

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 11:21 pm
check it out. My DH has it and is embarrassed to talk to him mom about it, and ask why it was never treated. DH has a difficult time "aiming", and if he isnt careful he needs to clean the bathroom.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 12:05 am
I am a new amother. just wanted to say that my son has this too. we saw a urologist who said that it is very mild and didnt need to do anything about it. Right now at age 4, he is toilet trained and he just needs to lift it slightly to avoid missing, it is all about adjusting his aim, but we were told that it would have absolutely no bearing on his fertility and s-xual life BH. It was noticed right after his brit milah. if it is only just being noticed for the first time now at an older age, I would be inclined to not worry at all, because it it has gone unnoticed and unmentioned for so long, then it must be extreemly mild. Even so, if I were you I would mention it to your pediatrician next time you ar there for a well visit or sick visit and ask if he thinks you should have it checked out by a urologist. it cant hurt to check it out, except of course to hurt your pocketbook!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics