Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Headache from the sheitel

imaima

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 1:37 pm
I wear sheitel to work and sometimes it is for 8 hours straight. At the end of the day I get a headache and get very sleepy, and it goes away as soon as I get home and take off the wig.
What should I do differently? Get a new sheitel? Which brands of wigs are lighter?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 1:59 pm
shorter, thinner hair
bigger size
don't use the clamps and combs
if there is a ribbon inside, deknot it

Beyla

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 2:47 pm
My second sheitel is larger than my 1st one and I can definitely wear it longer without the headache I would have with the smaller one.

devy88

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 3:24 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....dir=1

Stock up on these. I can't wear a wig without it now. All my friends and family that I've told swear by it as well. No need for any clips and it never falls back or pulls out your hair

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 3:51 pm
devy88 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BD7EC08?pc_redir=1404792235&robot_redir=1

Stock up on these. I can't wear a wig without it now. All my friends and family that I've told swear by it as well. No need for any clips and it never falls back or pulls out your hair

This is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn. It is so heavy on the head and cute in the wrong places. I bought it based on recommendations from here, because my sheitel hurts, but this hurts way more.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 3:56 pm
Right.

Occasionally go to the ladies' room and in private, take it off for a minute.

kb

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 3:58 pm
I have one if those headbands and love it! I cut off the Velcro and sewed on a piece of elastic to go around the back of my head, and it's very comfortable.

azeitune

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 4:03 pm
After 8 years wearing one, I just had my hair cut really short (because I wanted a change, nothing to do with it), but the sde effect is that wearing a sheitel is much, much easier now!
Maybe you can try a new hair sytile?

imaima

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:42 am
If the sheitel is too loose, it ends up shifting when I turn my head, so I try to keep my head straight which is unnatural, so in the end my neck hurts too.

I should definitely try to cut my hair shorter. I never knew it would make a difference. If I cut it too short for a ponytail, how do I keep it together? With this hairband? I am scared that the strands start to fall out.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 9:11 am
Put one clip on each side of your head (barrette) and then cut the side hair right behind the barrette.
Then cut your pony as short as you can, leaving the ponytail holder in while doing that so it will long enough for a pony the next time around.

Having your hair not so tight makes a very big difference.

questioner

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 9:16 am
This really helps if your head gets itchy
http://www.amazon.com/Wig-Cap-.....g+cap

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 9:43 am
imaima wrote:
If the sheitel is too loose, it ends up shifting when I turn my head, so I try to keep my head straight which is unnatural, so in the end my neck hurts too.

I should definitely try to cut my hair shorter. I never knew it would make a difference. If I cut it too short for a ponytail, how do I keep it together? With this hairband? I am scared that the strands start to fall out.

I just did this now. I went to my hairdresser and told her to cut the shortest possible length that will still fit into a ponytail. I planned that if the front pieces don't fit I would use a sheitel band to keep them up. I feel so much better already! My hair is not about chin length, but still fits into a tiny ponytail and it looks and feels amazing! It took guys for me to do it, but I'm so happy I did!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels