Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Would you recommend your dishwasher?

Ashrei

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:15 pm
Hello - If you've had your dishwasher for about 1-3 years, and you really like it, could you recommend the make and model to us?

Thanks!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:23 pm
Link: 18" Frigidaire FFBD1821M
Love this dishwasher!

Ashrei

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 11:49 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Link: 18" Frigidaire FFBD1821M
Love this dishwasher!

Aw really? We are so unhappy with our Frigidaire Gallery stove and fridge, we swore off the brand!

How long have you had it? What's great about it?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 11:59 pm
I have a maytag from the jetclean plus series, not sure which model exactly. I've had it for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it. I like that I don't have to rinse anything before I put it in, which would be highly annoying for me- just scrape off solids and load. I like that my model has a removable bin for cutlery on the bottom shelf, which is easy to throw stuff into and it all comes out clean. I like that basically everything comes out clean, actually! If I use cascade powder detergent I rarely run anything more than once. If I use a cheaper brand like finish I make sure use the tough scrub setting and then I can get everything spotless in one run as well.

I run my dishwasher almost every night, so I can say that it gets a workout and BH it's holding up.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:19 am
Yes, he's really good at it and the dishes come out sparkling clean. Smile

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:24 am
Ashrei wrote:
Aw really? We are so unhappy with our Frigidaire Gallery stove and fridge, we swore off the brand!

How long have you had it? What's great about it?

I wanted to buy the stainless frigidaire dishwasher to match my stainless gallery fridge, but home depot was having a sale on a stainless bosch, $200 cheaper incl install. I chose the bosch thinking I was getting some great deal. hah. huge mistake. everyone I with this model--don't remember name--hates this thing. it smells inside. ergo, I would not recommend the bosch

Ashrei

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:20 pm
Thanks for everyone's rants and raves, very helpful! Will definitely look into MBV's model!

m+m

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:39 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I have a maytag from the jetclean plus series, not sure which model exactly. I've had it for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it. I like that I don't have to rinse anything before I put it in, which would be highly annoying for me- just scrape off solids and load. I like that my model has a removable bin for cutlery on the bottom shelf, which is easy to throw stuff into and it all comes out clean. I like that basically everything comes out clean, actually! If I use cascade powder detergent I rarely run anything more than once. If I use a cheaper brand like finish I make sure use the tough scrub setting and then I can get everything spotless in one run as well.

I run my dishwasher almost every night, so I can say that it gets a workout and BH it's holding up.

I think I have the same one, or maybe a newer model.

They actually recommend Finish Quantum over Cascade..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics