Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Using dreft for infant laundry

proudema

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:05 pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for a detergent besides dreft that I can use for infant clothing? Dreft is just really expensive.

chatouli

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:09 pm
Any dye and fragrance free detergent is good. I used the CVS brand and it was fine. It's often on sale.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:12 pm
Ditto-/ look at the ingredients in Dreft. Any perfume- free detergent without additives like Febreze, etc is fine. I also rinse an extra time.

proudema

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:13 pm
Thanks for the advice! Gonna check out shop rite and see what they have.

seeker

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:22 pm
Dreft is just another marketing gimmick to get $ from new parents.

working hard

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:47 pm
I used ALL free and clear for my babies who had sensitive skin. It works well and is a lot cheaper than dreft.

miami85

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 8:40 pm
I know my pediatrician did recommend Dreft when I mentioned eczema to her, and that I WAS using a free and clear detergent, she said it is EXTRA gentle, but I never did buy it and my son's rashes eventually cleared up and were mild enough to tolerate the regular Free and Clear. I happen to like Tide. Detergent is something worthwhile spending a little extra on to ensure clean clothes and I've been happy with it.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 8:44 pm
Scented dreft can be very irritating to babies, and I found that it didn't do a great job on stains either. My best recommendation is tide free and clear- and do a second rinse to make sure everything gets washed out. It actually gets out stains and isn't as irritating.

pumpernickle

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 11:46 am
I use Purex. Its really soft and smells kinda nice. Its inexpensive and cleans well. Baby has sensitive skin and handles it well bh.

ElTam

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 1:09 pm
Purex, Method, or All, the versions with no scent or dye. Two of my kids have eczema and they are fine with those. I break out in a rash from scented soap and I also do fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics