Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Newborn shoot not what I wanted

amother

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 10:54 am
Had pictures taken of my newborn the other day and the photographer didn't quite get the pictures I was looking for even though I was really specific but the pictures he got are okay... My question is would you take the pictures again or just go with whatever you got.. I really wanted those perfect newborn shots but I already paid one photographer I feel silly doing it again...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 10:56 am
Have maybe a friend do them.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
Had pictures taken of my newborn the other day and the photographer didn't quite get the pictures I was looking for even though I was really specific but the pictures he got are okay... My question is would you take the pictures again or just go with whatever you got.. I really wanted those perfect newborn shots but I already paid one photographer I feel silly doing it again...

It depends what you wanted.

If you wanted a photo of the baby buck nekkid on a bearskin rug, and you get photos of him fully dressed in a bouncy seat, then demand that the photographer do another session.

If you wanted a photo with a wide open grin as the baby looks to the left and holds his arms in the air .... well, sorry, no photographer can guarantee that.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 12:33 pm
Love your reply Barbara! Smile

amother

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 12:39 pm
OP
lol barbara that made me laugh..it was more of a first case scenario..wanted one type of picture and got something COMPLETELY different..
I don't want to go back to the original photographer because I don't think he's going to be able to get the right pictures..
Just wondering if I'm being all hormonal and completely ridiculous to want to take them again..

SplitPea

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 1:02 pm
You were there during the pictures and saw the shots being set up. That's when you speak up and say "no we don't want that". You must speak up. One thing is the older a baby gets the harder those shots are. So the longer you wait the harder it will be. If you have extra money and its important to you go to someone different ASAP and get the pics you want. By when with someone different you must speak up for yourself .

MamaBear

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 2:49 pm
You didn't see the photographer's style in advance? You didn't say anything while the pictures were being taken?

For me I'd never pay again. But if it matters to you and you have the money...

cfriedman2

Post Sat, Jul 12 2014, 10:49 pm
My daughters newborn shot was 4 hours so I got to connect with the photgrapher and tell her what I liked/didn't. If money's not an option then go again but if not just go to someone else for the 3 month pics. Also best do do newborn shots within 14 days

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 2:39 am
If you are like me and will forever hate them because of this, either get out your own camera or ask an amateur who wants the practice and won't charge you too much.
Or just go when your baby is a bit older and get a new set of not-so-newborn pictures.
Also cute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics