Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please tell me more about pittsburgh

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 4:09 pm
We are chabad, seriously considering moving from our current place mostly because of schooling situation.
looking for a community that has schools for both boys and girls up to highschool. a warm welcoming community is definitely a plus : )

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 4:57 pm
Hi, I grew up in Pittsburgh and my Parents still live there. The community is a very friendly,accepting and outgoing community. Everyone feels welcome. There is a lubavitch community as well as a few other whch are not lubavitch all in the squirell hill neighborhood.
The Lubavitch community has a Preschool which has expanded alot over the years! In General the entire community has so no surprise there. Some of the not Lubavitch families send their kids to the Lubavitch school and they dont have issues with school or friends as it is a very accepting community.
There is a boys school until 11th grade, a girls school 1-12th grade ad a new Seminary for girls(Tzohar).

HOusing in PGH is prettty reasonable and many people have moved to greenfield(right next to squirrell hill) because the community has expanded alot and there is a chabad shul there too. There are 2 resturants and 1 kosher store.
Post all your questions and I can try my best to answer. \

where wil you be moving from? maybe you know someone from your city that relocated there and can tell u the diff between livin in both places?

papermageling

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:50 pm
We moved to a suburb of Pittsburgh recently, with a small shul. I've been very happy with the area so far. While I've not socialized much in Squirrel Hill yet (partly, we don't have children yet, so there's less chance to meet people), everyone has been very pleasant so far, and my neighbors who spend more time there also like it a lot. I've heard good things about the schools, both academically and financially (they're committed to helping families who can't afford tuition. One of my friends has been incredibly happy, because she's able to send her kids to Jewish schools now that she's moved here, and she wasn't before. In other matters too, Pittsburgh's community seems very committed to helping people who are in a tight spot, more so than other places).

I really only have good things to say. That said, start looking for a job in Pittsburgh well in advance, because the job market could be better (the unemployment rate isn't actually very high, but there's not that many available jobs at any given time).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating