Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Lakewood users -Where to Sell Airline Miles (Under 100 K)?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 3:34 am
We have under 100K in Miles from United/Continental. They're expiring soon and we'd like to cash them for whatever value they have...Most places I contacted don't deal under 100K but someone told me in Lakewood I might be able to find someone who does this. Does anyone live in Lakewood and now of an agency or could look in the local circulars for me?

Thanks!!

boysrus

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 8:34 am
I am not in lakewood , so do not have the response that you are lookingfor. I just wantedt o mention theat there are ways to avoid your miles expiring. I have us airways and it mght be the same kind of thing. With us airwyas, if you wnat to hold onto your miles, you just need to keep your miles active by buying 1000 miles. It is not so expensive I think, if you are desperate to hold onto your miles, it might be worth it. maybe look into this .

amother

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 11:07 am
Thanx boyrus. I dont really care to hold on to the miles, just looking to cash them for the most value I can at this point.

Any other tips appreciated!!

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 11:07 am
How many miles is it? I know some ppl who would possibly buy them. None of them live in Lakewood tho... If you want names and contact info, pm me.

imanewmom2010

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 11:12 am
I sold miles to someone in lakewood although I don't live there and got paid that day through chase (not sure what they call it). I will post his phone number wen my husband answers my txt.

imanewmom2010

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 12:04 pm
Ok His number is 3479468989. I don't know if he deals with united/continental bec I sold him Amex and chase sapphire miles

oatmealcookies

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 12:36 pm
the voice and bp have ads all the time to sell miles. we sell privately to a friend who gives us cash rather than a check. my boss used "get peyd", idk if they are the best rates or wtvr but they were nice and patient and explained to us everything about the process:)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 1:47 am
How much do they usually pay for Amex points?

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 3:26 am
amother wrote:
How much do they usually pay for Amex points?

Amex Starwood 1.85 cents per point
Amex Membership Rewards 1.5 cents per point

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:18 pm
anyone ever heard or used Club exchange in Lakewood
to sell miles?

21young

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:35 pm
I use Sell Miles Now. They are located in Lakewood, don't know if they'll take under 100,000 but you can ask. They're really nice and efficient.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 3:22 pm
another vote for sell miles now!
its my brother in law actually! hes very accommodating and will give you best rates!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics