Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ADD/ADHD and prism glasses

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:18 pm
Would a child that is diagnosed with add/adhd that could sit and read a 400 pg. book but wont do school work benefit from wearing prism glasses?

noosheen

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 1:46 am
I think that's one of the things with ADD - when it comes to doing things they like ie playing a video , or whatever ,they can focus and get the task done. It's stuff they don't like doing which is a problem , and u can stand on your head till they do what you ask from them. That's my experience anyway. About the glasses, I have no idea.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 3:55 am
Thank you noosheen, my son was diagnosed with add, yet so far he's the only one in family who doesn't have glasses. Yes, I can attest to his difficulties in doing homework cuz he can't focus on it. However, he loves reading a little, loves computers, baking, food decorating and drawing. I have to continuously bribe him with goodies and even that doesn't help anymore.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 5:09 am
I'm not sure where you got the idea that prism will help a add or ADHD kid focus.

Prism is specifically for various visual/oculomotor issues that an ADHD kid may also have. In order for it to help, prism would need to be indicated.

It is true that often kids with learning problems also have visual problems, so if you think this may apply to your kid, get them checked out by an optometrist who deals with many school aged kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics