Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Baby boy named Eyal Gilad Naftali (with video @ bris)

mommee

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 8:33 pm
The triplets was an unverified rumor afaik, but this seems to be true with video proof and all. Nice sentiment. The family should see only simchas....

http://www.vosizneias.com/1713.....ideo/

Crown Heights, NY- Brooklyn Baby Named Eyal Gilad Naftali After Israeli Teens (video)
Published on: July 15th, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Brooklyn, NY - A Crown Heights couple has made the ultimate tribute to the three murdered Israeli teens, naming their newborn son in their memory at his bris Monday morning.
Eyal Gilad Naftali Teitelbaum was born on July 7th weighing seven pounds, three ounces. His parents, Yankee and Binah, felt strongly about doing something in honor of at least one of the slain boys.
“We had a different name picked out,” Yankee Teitelbaum told VIN News. “When he was born, we wanted to add one of the names as a way of capturing the emotion and how we felt. I was trying to figure out which of the three names went better with the name we planned to use but nothing clicked. Then we thought of using all three names and it just worked and we felt it was the right thing to do.”

Teitelbaum said that they chose the order of the names based on how they sounded best and says they have yet to decide exactly what they will call their newborn son.
“We all felt so helpless and so connected to these families that we don’t even know and you feel like the tragedy is your own,” said the 41 year old father of six. “We wanted to add some positive energy into this tragedy and the continued remembrance of the feeling of achdus that we all experienced. People are going to forget about what happened but the families of those boys will never forget and this baby will be here to remind us every day of our lives.”
This is not the first time that the Teitelbaums have chosen a name in an effort to continue the legacy of a life cut all too short and VIN News has seen the birth certificates of two other Teitelbaum children who were named to perpetuate the legacy of three unique individuals whose lives ended tragically.
Shalhevet Frieda Teitelbaum, the couple’s oldest daughter, is named both after a grandmother and Shalhevet Pass, a ten month old Israeli infant who was shot in the head by a sniper at just ten months old.
“We wanted to find some way to add light to the darkness,” explained Teitelbaum.
Teitelbaum, who works in video production, met Shalhevet Pass’ father Yitzchak some seven years ago when he was filming in Chevron.
“I showed him some pictures of my daughter and we hugged,” recalled Teitelbaum.
The Teitelbaums invited the Pass family to Shalhevet’s Bas Mitzvah this past December.
“We wanted to let them know that they are close to our hearts and to ask if there was any special tribute we should make to Shalhevet at the Bas Mitzvah,” said Teitelbaum.
The Pass’ responded, wishing the Teitelbaums well and noting that part of their daughter lives on in every girl named in her memory.
Seven year old Ehud Daniel Teitelbaum was named after two soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice: Sergeant Major Ehud Goldwasser of the IDF and Private First Class Daniel Agami of the United States Army.
“When he was younger my son would say that his name is Ehud Goldwasser Daniel Agami Teitelbaum,” said Teitelbaum. “He knows he is named after two very special people.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics