Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
South America moving help amothers!
Previous  1  2

Peanut2

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 2:51 pm
Aliyah.

Peanut2

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 2:53 pm
Ruchel I've visited all three countries and none are places one should move to for government benefits. These are places with huge gaps between the wealthy and the poor. Hence the many maids. These are not places to be poor.
If you will be on the side of the haves (as opposed to the have-nots) then it's pretty easy to get used to having a maid.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 4:09 pm
Peanut2 wrote:
Aliyah.

Oh, I wasn't sure. Anyway like I said around 10-15 years ago there were a lot of families making aliyah and a lot moved back because they couldn't make it there either. What kind of work are they looking for?

Like I also said before, the economy is not good, but where is it nowadays? There are some very, very poor people here. It's not unusual to see the homeless sleeping on the street. I don't know what kind of benefits, if any, the government gives because bh we don't need any. They do look after the working man though, not the boss/owner. There are a lot of laws that are pro employer.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 4:16 pm
I do know of one family who made aliyah. Her husband had a hard time with work here.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 4:56 pm
Yes, these are places not to rely on the government. However, if you make a good salary, chances are you will live very very well.
For any of these places I would recommend getting a job before moving, that should make things easier.
I really enjoyed the community in Sao Paulo, and I really liked Buenos Aires but I was there only on vacation, and vacations are always awesome.
I know many people from Sao Paulo that made alyiah and came back to Brazil because it was easier in Brazil than in Israel, but again, they all had family in Brazil and professional contacts, maybe that's the reason they came back.

azeitune

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 6:52 pm
I live in S. Paulo.
We have a good community structure: mikvaot, shuls, restaurants, gmachim. Schools (orthodox): 1 Sephardic, 1 Chassidic , 1 Ashkenazi, 1 chabad (both for boys and girls).
Brazilian people are very friendly.
Orthodox community lives basically concentrated in 2 neighborhoods, both with eruv (in 1 of them though its not used)
Life cost very high, due to health insurance and tuition...
But no one starves and I have never seen religious kids out of school due to lack of money...
If you need further or more specific information please feel free to contact me.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:15 am
sending to them!! Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating