Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Looking for a wedding dress

stressedmother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 3:10 am
My daughter is iyh getting married soon and we are looking for a specific wedding dress can you help please. It has a heavily beaded bodice and tulle skirt she is a size 12/14 do you have one to sell/lend (in england or israel)I would be so gratefull.

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:27 am
Where do you live? Why don't you try gown rentals or gemachs?

stressedmother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 8:08 am
Thanks for replying we have been to a few gemachim but cant find anything suitable for her in that style.

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:25 pm
Not sure if you have any budget for a wedding dress, but a tip you might find useful. Several yrs ago when a friend got married she bought a beautiful tzious wedding dress online from one of those Mormon websites (only $500 for it I think) made to her measurements. It fit her beautifully, no additional tailoring was needed. As the dress was very simple in style, she just had some additional beading added to the top of the dress by a local person. It was beautifully done and she didn't pay thousands of $ for the dress.

stressedmother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:41 pm
that's a great idea but unfortunately dont have time for it to arrive (usually takes 6 weeks) as wedding end of august.

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:54 pm
Are you looking for the kalla a gown?

yo

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 1:09 pm
Did you try chana studley? She makes her own gowns and rents them. They are beautiful!
You can see some of her gowns here, but she has many more at her place: http://chanasgowns.com/

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 8:02 pm
I have ordered 2 custom dresses from lightinthebox.com. I gave my measurements and got them 5 weeks later, they were stunning and only needed minor adjustment. Check them out, they have thousands of dresses. some in the style you describe. You may need to add sleeves, call them and see. they have very good customer service.

hotmom

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:56 pm
MOMMY3.5, are you for real??? I posted on this site last week about ordering flower girl dresses on one of these sites as some have bad reviews. I would love to hear some more Info.

hotmom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:29 am
Stressedmom, whatever happened, did you find a gown?

bamba

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:03 pm
When I got married I ordered my dress from a website called missydress.com it came within 10 days. I ordered one that had a lace bodice and sleeves so just needed to fill in a piece of material behind the lace. It turned out really nice and very individual as wasn't from a gemach so no one had worn it before.
I still have it if you are interested in borrowing it. It was literally nearly a copy of what kate middleton wore at her wedding. PM if you are interested. GOOD LUCK

bamba

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:05 pm
Sorry forgot to say... it was also really cheap... I think including the work and the veil and hoops... it was cheaper than getting it from a gemach and paying for the work and drycleaning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics