Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this consequence ok?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 12:34 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
"Eat your dinner or go to bed hungry" is so 1890's.

Honestly, so are a lot of things. That in itself doesn't mean it's bad.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 12:35 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I do that almost every day now. I prepare lunches for my kids to take to take, and my 2 year old screams if I pack his up to go. He insists on eating it immediately. He's off dairy and won't eat bread, so I am very limited in what I can send him. He eats Fleishigs for breakfast, and I pack up his cereal and a banana to take for lunch. It's not a punishment, but just a natural consequence. You ate lunch for breakfast, so all I have left for lunch is breakfast food. He's happy with it.

Why does that have to be "a natural consequence?" Why can't that just be "another option?" Why all this negativity? (I don't mean just from you; this has been a common refrain on this thread.)

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 12:42 pm
5*Mom wrote:
Why does that have to be "a natural consequence?" Why can't that just be "another option?" Why all this negativity? (I don't mean just from you; this has been a common refrain on this thread.)

I did not mean it negatively at all. I think it's adorable that my son eats chicken for breakfast, and I'm happy to send him breakfast for lunch if that's what he wants. I meant it's just the way things naturally work out if you eat your lunch for breakfast. He totally doesn't see it as a negative thing either- he would see it as negative if I would force him to save the chicken for later.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers