Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Machane during the 9 days

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 3:14 pm
My children have 2 weeks of winter vacation starting next week. They don't have a sleep away camp here, but in the summer, they have an overnight machane for a few days and during winter vacation also. It happens to be this year vacation is during the 3 weeks and then the 9 days, but the camp, Bnei Akiva, weren't able to get the place they wanted to go to the week before, only during the 9 days. They drive out about an hour or two, not sure, to get where they need to. We're very hesitant to send them, but they really want to go. It's for a 16 and 11 year old. They're the only ones who want to go. If it was a different time, I would want the other ones to go too Very Happy . Would you send them?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 3:23 pm
Absolutely would. In NY where I live summer camp (sleepaway and day) continue through the 9 days. I don't see this as any different

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 3:43 pm
superdanni wrote:
Absolutely would. In NY where I live summer camp (sleepaway and day) continue through the 9 days. I don't see this as any different

If they're there, of course, but they will be travelling there and back during the 9 days. It's from Wednesday till Sunday.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 4:12 pm
Depending on how the calendar falls out, camps end and begin sessions in the 9 days. I remember when both my girls came home from Camp Dina 2 days before Tisha Baav. Having all that stinky camp laundry in the house without being allowed to wash it was not pleasant!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 4:14 pm
my kids often have camp during the 3 weeks or nine days. I don't think travelling nowadays is considered to be dangerous.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 5:06 pm
Thank you!! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note