Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Short interactive after-school activities

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:49 pm
my kids are on the computer pretty much from when they get home from school/camp until dinner and then again a bit after dinner until bedtime. I feel like its getting out of hand, its way too much. im looking for some activities I can do with them ti keep them away from the computer/videos. I have a 2 1/2, 3 1/3 & 5 yr old. they all have pretty short attention spans. any ideas would be great!

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:57 pm
Do they like games? My kids love twister, candy land, sequence for kids...

Also, challenges with blocks or legos (lets see how high we can build, how wide etc)

Yoga or exercises

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:04 pm
coloring or short arts and crafts - Cutting, gluing etc…

put a small pool in backyard or porch and let them play

I have the same problem

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:12 pm
Do they like projects? I have a big box of craft supplies that I take out and let them go to town with. Sometimes we do structured activities but usually they go freestyle.

Another fun activity is getting out some spray bottles and having them clean toys. The toy kitchen is great because it's so big. Give them a towel so they don't end up with puddles everywhere if you do it indoors.

My kids like helping me fold laundry and match up socks. I don't care if my husband's undershirts aren't folded perfectly.

Sometimes we take reaaaalllllyyyy long baths....

nature

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:47 pm
I find that giving each child a certain time limit on the computer helps too. Ex. 30 minutes each. There is less whining and helps you redirect to something more mind stimulating. Also, I find especially with my 5 yr old son, if I ask him if he wants to play Legos, he says no . Each thing I ask, he could say no. However, if I say now is time for either puzzles, play dough or a book, he will choose one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics