Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Advice needed! always strep/flu/cold

amother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 1:16 am
hi
my toddler constantly catches something: after a cold, 2 streps, a flu, a bronchitis and another strep within four months (3 times antibiotics) last night he got high temp and lost his voice (he is really hoarse)...

he is very sweet and b´´H well developed, he is a patient curious little boy and its so much fun having him at home and stayingwith him BUT
taking him out of h playgroup because of his infections all the time ( and I currently have a not so supereasy pregnancy plus Im working) becomes difficult to juggle ( sleepless feverish nights and all the rest.)... I do have a babysitter who saves my lofe (I would never be able to take off work so many days!!!),plus I cut hours (also due to difficult pregnancy), so I DO have help b´´H.

I just wish he could go to playgoup and park etc. more often, he REALLY enjoys other kids and the activities. I also dread to take him to the pediatrician, cos he might prescribe yet another times antibiotics...grrr.

we tried homeopathics, acupuncture, strengthening immune system, ... he eats a warm meal every day, he gets a lot of fruits and veggis ( seasonal)...no allergies or developmental issues so far baruch H´ (may it stay this way).

I AM HAPPY FOR ANY ADVICE, cos we took the last dose of antibiotics last sunday...well after three days of playgroup we are at home AGAIN.

The ganenet said it is normal in the first year, but come on I doubt the other kids in his group miss so many days . She said other mothers send their kids to playgroup with coplds and small infections, they make sure they dont have fver (by giving them ibuprofene or paracetamol as soon as they show any symptoms).

hm what do you think? Could this just be a phase? Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss an important thing? Any ideas what else we could try out?

anon, cos some imamothers know about our problem and in RL have made weired comments about it (claiming I was overprotective and I should just send him to playgroup when he has a cold...well I would totally send him with a running nose, but NOT with fever, an ear infection or strep etc.)

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:16 am
I have some advice:

I use Mucolit and Loratadine (or Benedryl) to keep runny nose and mucous from turning into worse infections. They kick any ear infection without the need for antibiotics.

I use Winter Bears (or Chizukit) and Sambucol to keep everything else away. Give it at first sign of sickness.

After treatment with antibiotics, you need to give ProBiotics to replenish the stomach with important good bacteria which will strengthen the immune system also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics