Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone have any good molloscum remedies?
1  2  Next

raich

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:41 pm
My almost 3 year old has a cluster of molloscum around his eye. Our pediatrician strongly discouraged me from taking him to a dermatologist since he thinks the doc will freeze/scrape/acid burn it off, which could be damaging around the eye area. He told me instead to apply apple cider vinegar to the area 2-3 times a day, which I have been doing. Anyone know of any other remedies that would be okay for the eye area?

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:22 pm
Tea tree oil is good, but I am not sure how safe near the eye.

heidi

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 11:57 pm
My friend swears by breast milk-- even borrowed some from me a while back when her kid had this

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:31 am
Try a small piece of onion every night ( I put a band aid on top to keep it on)
I did this numerous times and usually a week and half later they were gone!

REISEL

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:57 am
Zinc tablets can help.

sunny90

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:22 am
Do all these things really work? My 4.5 yr old has it all over his legs and stomach.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:41 am
Tea tree oil started drying up my kid's really quickly after months and months.

ddsw

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:44 am
sunny90 wrote:
Do all these things really work? My 4.5 yr old has it all over his legs and stomach.

Put some apple cider vinegar in the bath. This was the only thing that cleared up for my dc even after prescribed medication.

runninglate

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 7:35 pm
raich wrote:
My almost 3 year old has a cluster of molloscum around his eye. Our pediatrician strongly discouraged me from taking him to a dermatologist since he thinks the doc will freeze/scrape/acid burn it off, which could be damaging around the eye area. He told me instead to apply apple cider vinegar to the area 2-3 times a day, which I have been doing. Anyone know of any other remedies that would be okay for the eye area?
Have you done this? Did it work? My daughter has molluscum on her thigh. I added apple cider vinegar to her bath for about a week. Interestingly, the eczema patch underneath cleared up, but the molluscum is still there. Was thinking maybe I should apply it directly.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 8:06 pm
I had this on my legs during my first pregnancy. (Yah, I known kids usually get it, but, so do some immunocompramised people.) When my dc was 3 mo., I went to the dermatologist and he froze it off. I still have some marks from where he froze it off from 2.5 years ago! I would argue against freezing on one's face. If I would have known about these weird marks/scares I would have said no then.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 8:24 pm
If you don't mind waiting it out, it will dry up and heal on its own. This way there will be no scars. My daughter had a lot on her face, within 10 months there was no sign it had ever happened.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 8:26 pm
Yes! Time!

runninglate

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 8:36 pm
I would wait, but it's spreading. Also, she's been scratching it, and I'm concerned that it will get infected.

imdl

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 8:40 pm
Silver sovereign gel worked really well for my kids. You should be able to find it in a health food store.

4c

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 9:07 pm
Probably not a good idea for around the eyes, but what I found best was to pop them completely (you'll see a speck of blood) , dab with alcohol or tea tree oil, and cover with a bandaid. Keeps it from spreading and goes away quickly.

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 9:26 pm
4c wrote:
Probably not a good idea for around the eyes, but what I found best was to pop them completely (you'll see a speck of blood) , dab with alcohol or tea tree oil, and cover with a bandaid. Keeps it from spreading and goes away quickly.

Didn't it hurt? I tried that on dd and she cried hysterically. I won't do it on her other ones. Dermatologist also told me not to pop it, it hurts terribly.

Meglmom

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 9:34 pm
My daughter has two on her face and they annoy her so she popped one alone and said its very painful.I put a wort bandage on second gonna see if it helps.

bookworm10

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:01 pm
My three year old has on his thigh and stomach. I thought it would go away by now, but today I saw he got a few more. He isn't bothered by them so I am hoping they just fade themselves away. Is there anything to speed the process? Do these tricks really work?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:28 pm
Any new remedies since this thread was started? DD7 has molloscum on her bottom, and she's going to camp soon and will be seeing like every day... Don't want her to infect others, but don't want her to not enjoy fun with her friends... Is covering with a bandaid during swimming enough?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 9:34 pm
When my ds had molloscum near his eye many years ago, a dermatologist prescribed a acne cream called Tazorac. He explained that it will irritate his skin and the body will be "reminded" to fight the molloscum alone. It bh worked.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics