Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best spill proof Sippy Cup with handles

momx6

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:39 pm
I tried the playtex first sipster with 1 handle but it leaks all over my baby. It's really REDICULOUS! I have to change her shirt whenever she drinks.
Are there other cups that you've tried and works?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:44 pm
I always started with the two handle version, but I have to say that I've used many Playtex cups and never had a leaking problem. Are you sure you're using it correctly? Maybe the baby is actually not drinking properly and a lot is coming out of the mouth and running down?

winter_rose

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:49 pm
momx6 wrote:
I tried the playtex first sipster with 1 handle but it leaks all over my baby. It's really REDICULOUS! I have to change her shirt whenever she drinks.
Are there other cups that you've tried and works?

Sorry I can't help you. We used the Montessori method and never used sippy cups. We started with heavy bottomed shot glasses and then moved to small Duralex glass cups. You start with very little water in the cup, maybe 1 tablespoon and gradually move up as the child gets the hang of it. Our son never spilled when we used cups, but his grandma didn't believe it was possible and insisted on giving him a sippy cup which he turned upside down and shook, spilling it everywhere. After that she agreed to let him use a cup. :-) You have to model the appropriate behavior and etiquette when you present the glass though. The weighted bottoms and heaviness of the glass keep the child from accidentally knocking over the glass and help them with muscular control that cannot be achieved with lightweight plastic. Water is easy to clean up and dries clean while training the child and when they know what they're doing, they won't spill other liquids. Everyone was amazed at his first birthday party when he neatly ate his cake with a fork and drank his water from a glass. It's worth a thought.

winter_rose

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:52 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I always started with the two handle version, but I have to say that I've used many Playtex cups and never had a leaking problem. Are you sure you're using it correctly? Maybe the baby is actually not drinking properly and a lot is coming out of the mouth and running down?

I think if you use cups with a screw on lid you have to make sure there is no liquid in the gooves or it wicks.

iamamother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 1:38 pm
is this what you use? I use them too and love them! I dont find that they leak if they r closed properly. are you putting that rubber piece in correctly? there are arrows on there telling u which way to put it. and then u gotta make sure u completely close it. the only time I see water coming out is when he throws is down- but its only like tiny drops that come out then...

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/cup.....36594

SomebodyElse

I have been really happy with some Playtex sippies, but they have probably redesigned them since I bought mine. (Why do they do that every time I find one I like?!?) The other brand I like is Nuk/Gerber. They've also redesigned theirs, of course, but I'd suggest trying this one

Note: I think Playtex has a money back guarantee against leakage.

dr. pepper

Playtex is the way to go.

Tekky

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 2:55 pm
nuby, nuby, and only nuby:)

http://www.target.com/p/nuby-n.....96394
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics