Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooking today (wednesday) for friday night, freeze or not?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 2:11 pm
title says it all, cooking some today for Friday night meal - soup, chicken, meat, ect, because the next couple of days are going to be insane. do I freeze or keep in fridge until then??

busydev

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 2:12 pm
I would fridge it aside from challa or other baked goods.

kb

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 2:20 pm
Are you planning on having leftovers? Cuz leftovers on Monday cooked on Sunday? Confused

granolamom

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 2:32 pm
kb wrote:
Are you planning on having leftovers? Cuz leftovers on Monday cooked on Sunday? Confused

today is wed. if she cooks tonight, I think the food will still be ok sunday night for sure and probably even monday.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 5:48 pm
granolamom wrote:
today is wed. if she cooks tonight, I think the food will still be ok sunday night for sure and probably even monday.

And if it doesn't fit into her schedule or menu, she can always freeze leftovers.

dr. pepper

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 5:56 pm
LOL !
I just took out my blueberry apple kugels and was deciding whether or not I should freeze them or save one in the fridge to be used for Shabbos lunch Very Happy
I froze it. It comes out delicious when I do it every other time so why not.

I guess it depends on what the item is.
My gefilte fish I just made is in the fridge....

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 6:01 pm
again, if it's just for shabbos, leave it in the back of the fridge. If you want it to last, I would freeze it.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:37 pm
Soup, chicken, meat--I would definitely cook on Wed for Shabbat. That's what I do every week during winter months, because I can't cram everything on Thurs nights. For soup, I prefer to pour into plastic tubs or pour-and-store bags. Actually I prefer to cook meat and meat-/chicken-based soup a day or two in advance because you can skim off fat. Starches, kugels should be ok. I prefer to cook vegetables and dessert either Thurs or Fri as they don't look that fresh if cooked on Wed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen