Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
ISO hair stylist in Lakewood near Lake Terrace

singleagain

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 1:52 pm
I have a friend getting married at Lake Terrace and she'd looking for a hair stylist close to the hall... anyone know of any places that do a good job and are relatively inexpensive...

TIA

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:57 pm
Anyone?

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:00 pm
does anyone really not of anywhere.... or did I post this in the wrong board or something?

shmoopy

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:05 pm
Malky Spatz (Mendlowitz). She lives in Somerset Walk which is very close to Lake Terrace. Her # 7326008205. She's really good and is super pleasant!

baker1

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:06 pm
I don't think that anyone will be able to help you because, lake Terrace hall is not really in a residential area, nobody really lives there it's just factories and schools. I can gladly give you some names of hairstylists anywhere in the city.

Once you are in the car it doesn't really matter where you go..meaning, you won't find any hairstylists within walking distance if that is what you wanted.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:09 pm
thank you shmoopy

and @baker1 .... I don't think she wanted walking distance... she just didn't want to do her hair here where we live and then travel an hour to lakewood... she wanted to get her hair done in lakewood, for timing reasons...

baker1

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:48 pm
most neighborhoods are close enough..I will get some names and post it soon

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:52 pm
thank you so much :-)

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:53 pm
Actually Lake Terrace is pretty close to the Albert area. Somerset Walk is not too far. Also Oak, Marc Drive etc.

Even Forest Park, which is off Pine. (Pine is off one side of New Hampshire, and Lake Terrace is on the other side a few blocks down).

Also will she need someone who works afternoons? Because some only work until 2 or so.

It could take another 15 minutes to go to other parts of Lakewood.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:57 pm
oh.. penguin.. that is a really good thought.. her wedding is at 6:30... so I'm guessing she'd gonna wanna do her hair two maybe three hours before... I'lll have to ask her.
thank you for remind me of this

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:07 pm
If 6:30 is reception, figure they want an hour for chosson pictures & an hour for kallah. AND they usually want the kallah's side first. She should check with her photog & plan accordingly.

There are also people who will come to the hall & do hair and makeup. AND - if several family members need doing, they sometimes discount. BUT then you have to start WAY early. We found it best to get at least two people for hair & makeup & they can work on sisters, Moms etc. & much better than running from makeup lady to hair/sheitel lady (& which do you do first? & s/o has to accompany kallah....)

OTOH, a lot of them say they would much rather you come to them, because if they come to you, what if blow dryer goes? hair spray runs out? At their place they have backups, & you can't expect them to shlep double of e/t!

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:10 pm
Penguin, than you got reminding me of all these details,since this thread can be seen without being logged in I have sent a link to my friend and told her ppl have questions and when she had answers I will post them for her.

Thank you so much everyone for helping me to help my friend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics