Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Tzedaka for people in Israel

bigSmile

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:29 pm
After reading about rocket attack after rocket attack, I'd like to give money to people in Israel. Which organizations would you suggest I give to?

Thanks!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 7:54 pm
I keep getting emails from collel chabad
They help widows orphans handicapped and old people there and provide a lot of help in the affected areas

bigSmile

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:50 pm
Any other ideas?

boysrus

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 8:13 pm
yad eliezer?

ProudMommie

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:07 pm
I live in Ramot Alef in Yerushalaim (made aliyah from Brookly around Chanukah time) and families here of avreichim live on the bare minimum and sometimes are lacking basic essentials. There is so much needed. I have concrete names of families that need help that obviously I can't say here.

There is also a kollel for baalei teshuva from Russia that desperately needs support too... I am not talking about new clothing, elaborate simchas, vacations or whatever. These people are having corn for Shabbos... they don't know how to feed their kids... etc. etc. yet they continue to learn b'mesirus nefesh.

There is so many that need... You have to decide where your heart lies... or decide on several places.

Obviously, you don't know me and you don't have to trust me! However I have names of Rabbonim in the area (that everone knows, etc.) and you can contact them and give if you would like.

Of course, so many other places in Yisrael need help... there is no end to it. However avreichim are very hard hit by the times when Torah learning is not as supported as it should be... (understatement... with a lot more to add ... at another time). There are people that are helped already by sponsors, or by parents/relatives... etc... from America or abroad... You have to weigh all these things when giving.

Your desire to give and help right now, your love for other Jews is what is holding up the world right now... I think.

We should all continue in our efforts and be strong. It is a tremendously difficult time in E'Hakodosh.

Tizku l'Mitzvot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics