Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Shoprite Can-Can sale - what is still a good deal?

questioner

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 10:46 am
I'm terrible with price comparisons, but I noticed that the sale prices in the Shoprite can-can sale this year are more than I remembered in the past. The 33 cent cans of corn are now 44, the 50 cent cans of beans are 63 cents.
I've always bought tons during these sales and I'm wondering how much it's worth it at this point.
Did anyone go through the flier and has a good idea of what it pays to stock up on and what is not such an exciting deal?

anon for this

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 12:05 pm
It's true that Can-Can prices have gone up, but so have the regular/ discounted prices. If canned vegetables are normally $0.70 a can, then at $0.58 it's worth stocking up.

Some General Mills cereals are 3/$5.64. Combining with coupons and digital coupons can give you great deals (I got 3 boxes of Shabbos cereal for free, but my Shoprite doubles coupons). I use SavingsStar and Shoprite digital coupons to maximize my savings. You can use both on the same item if you apply the SavingsStar coupon first.

If you need Huggies, you can buy a big pack for $18 (there are coupons out for this too) and get a $4 catalina for your next order. Not the best price ever but not bad.

Hefty foam plates are on sale for $1.29, and I had a few $1/2 coupons so I picked up some.

Cherries are on sale for $1.99/lb, that's the lowest price I usually see all summer.

questioner

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 11:44 am
anon for this wrote:
It's true that Can-Can prices have gone up, but so have the regular/ discounted prices. If canned vegetables are normally $0.70 a can, then at $0.58 it's worth stocking up.

Some General Mills cereals are 3/$5.64. Combining with coupons and digital coupons can give you great deals (I got 3 boxes of Shabbos cereal for free, but my Shoprite doubles coupons). I use SavingsStar and Shoprite digital coupons to maximize my savings. You can use both on the same item if you apply the SavingsStar coupon first.

If you need Huggies, you can buy a big pack for $18 (there are coupons out for this too) and get a $4 catalina for your next order. Not the best price ever but not bad.

Hefty foam plates are on sale for $1.29, and I had a few $1/2 coupons so I picked up some.

Cherries are on sale for $1.99/lb, that's the lowest price I usually see all summer.

Thanks. That sounds obvious, but I haven't bought most of this stuff for 6 months to a yr, so I have no concept of what the regular prices are nowadays. I didn't realize you can use SavingsStar and Shoprite coupons together. I don't have a printer or get coupons at my door, so I'm pretty much looking at the regular on sale prices.

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 12:28 pm
The pasta is still 88 cents a box, which is still a great price, especially because (I forgot to check this year, does it still?) it includes special varieties like whole wheat that don't go on sale as much.

The corn is disappointing because it seems that the regular price is not that much more. I will still stock up because this is still as good as it gets.

Tomato sauce is 10 for $3, even better than last year's (IIRC) 3 for $1.

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 12:31 pm
Yep, it says next to the price on the flyer "You save: .05" Big whoop.

sky

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 3:07 pm
I just got a few boxes of Luigi ices on sale for FREE at Shoprite
We buy it often in the summer (when .99). The boxes come with a .50 coupon that they double. Today DH had 4 coupons. A cashier told him it was good he was buying other items because the extra change is taken off of those, but I don't think it works that way (all 4 cents extra).
I'm tempted to cut out the coupons from the new boxes and go back before the sale ends embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains