Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Using oxyclean in my laundry

working hard

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 12:37 am
Do I just pour in the powder or do I have to dissolve it first?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 12:56 am
Just add with clothing

working hard

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:15 pm
Thank you

heidi

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:09 pm
I actually dissolve it first with the detergent, love the stuff!

copypaste

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:14 pm
You can use it to soak cloth in it for few hours (dilute it water) or just add to every load a scoop. Just love this detergent!

AhavatYisrael

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:41 pm
As this thread is already a month old and OP already has her answer, I'd like to ask a new one:

Does it matter if your washing machine's top loading or front loading? I have a front loading machine, and I used to add the powder to the detergent compartment at the same time as I added the detergent, but I never really noticed much of a difference so I stopped using it. Would it work better if I added it with the clothes?

TIA

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:46 pm
AhavatYisrael wrote:
As this thread is already a month old and OP already has her answer, I'd like to ask a new one:

Does it matter if your washing machine's top loading or front loading? I have a front loading machine, and I used to add the powder to the detergent compartment at the same time as I added the detergent, but I never really noticed much of a difference so I stopped using it. Would it work better if I added it with the clothes?

TIA

yes, and use HOT water

perquacky

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 12:57 pm
I think it specifically says on the box that you should add it to the clothes if you have front loading machine, and not to the dispenser.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 1:31 pm
andrea levy wrote:
yes, and use HOT water

It should definitely be added with clothing, as instructed on the box, but I've found that it works well with cold water too. I use it when washing colors in cold water and it's very effective.

perquacky

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 1:33 pm
Agreed. I rarely use hot water, unless I'm doing all whites,and sometimes, not even then. The new machines can wash all colors in cold extremely well.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 2:21 pm
Does anyone add it to the pre-wash dispenser of their front loader? That's what I have been doing. For some reason I never thought to look at the container of oxiclean when I got my front loader recently and this was the only place that made sense to me. Wondering if I should try adding it together with the clothes.

perquacky

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 2:26 pm
I believe it says on the box to put it right into the machine before you put the clothing in.

AhavatYisrael

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 3:10 pm
Thanks ladies!
The instructions say to first put in the powder, THEN add the water and THEN the clothes. In my machine I first have to put in the clothes and then switch it on to add the water. That's why I'm trying to clarify if it works for anyone to put the powder in with the clothes before adding water.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 3:54 pm
On my box it says to add to he machine before loading. It doesn't say anything about water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry