Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need idea what to do w/ kids upstate this sun. near liberty

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 6:43 pm
Hi does anyone know of an amusement park or something else that's nice to do with children between the ages of 4 and 10 this sunday around liberty/Monticello? don't know the area. no farms please. my dd has allergies. thanks so much!

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:01 pm
Holiday Mountain - http://www.holidaymtn.com/. It's perfect for those ages and just off the 17 near Monticello.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:15 pm
looks like FUN !!!

Etonnemoi

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:51 pm
Magoup falls. (goooorgeous, kids can swim in swimming hole, climb behind falls, 'glide' down natural stone slide, climb up and down the trail....) also - beach there perfect for bbq.

Stone arch bridge park - stunning - fabulous park, lovely grassy verge with hill to roll down (little kids), hikes, magnificent swimming hole/river with tiny little falls. (pick up the 55 in Liberty follow for about 15 mins and it should be on your left). bring a bbq as well for supper. (rustic bathrooms avail). Like a dream.

Livingston Manor public school (!!!) has the most incredible playground I have seen in my life. Climb over the beautiful little stone wall and you'll find a spectacular grassy area alongside the river where kids can go wading/swimming. also magnificent.

We've been loving these this and other summers!!!

Also - don't forget to watch sunset over the nevesink reservoir (55 in the other direction, I think.)

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 7:52 pm
You can check out the Bethel farmer's market.

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:12 pm
Mangoup Falls (I assume that's what you meant, since I couldn't find a Magoup Falls) sounds amazing! But I read about different parts of the falls and a hike to the reservoir, and I'm not sure about which part you recommend going to for the swimming, etc. Could you please clarify how to get there and which section you were referring to. Also, are there usually other people swimming there?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 9:14 pm
Bump - we'll be at visiting day this Sunday near Liberty, with kids ages 14, 12, and 6. Can anyone tell me more about Mangoup Falls or Stone Arch Bridge Park, and how to get to them? Are my kids too old for this Livingston Manor playground? Or anyplace else you could recommend that hopefully won't be too mobbed? We went to Holiday Mountain last summer, which was fine, but a little crowded for our tastes. I assume all of the lakes with boating are quite crowded?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 1:05 am
Etonnemoi wrote:
Magoup falls. (goooorgeous, kids can swim in swimming hole, climb behind falls, 'glide' down natural stone slide, climb up and down the trail....) also - beach there perfect for bbq.

Stone arch bridge park - stunning - fabulous park, lovely grassy verge with hill to roll down (little kids), hikes, magnificent swimming hole/river with tiny little falls. (pick up the 55 in Liberty follow for about 15 mins and it should be on your left). bring a bbq as well for supper. (rustic bathrooms avail). Like a dream.

Livingston Manor public school (!!!) has the most incredible playground I have seen in my life. Climb over the beautiful little stone wall and you'll find a spectacular grassy area alongside the river where kids can go wading/swimming. also magnificent.

We've been loving these this and other summers!!!

Also - don't forget to watch sunset over the nevesink reservoir (55 in the other direction, I think.)

Thanks for these suggestions. Where is the magoup falls I tried googling it and couldn't find it.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 1:12 am
doctorima wrote:
Mangoup Falls (I assume that's what you meant, since I couldn't find a Magoup Falls) sounds amazing! But I read about different parts of the falls and a hike to the reservoir, and I'm not sure about which part you recommend going to for the swimming, etc. Could you please clarify how to get there and which section you were referring to. Also, are there usually other people swimming there?

I'm wondering the same, does anyone know?
TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics