Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How long does your baby nurse for?

Candy Cane

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 4:43 pm
My son is now 4 months old. I am breastfeeding him. When he was younger, especially the first few weeks, feeding him would take forever. I would say 45 min- 1 hr. And then I would need to nurse him again an hr later. I can now BH say that he's past that. I'm guessing that as they get older, they nurse better and it takes shorter. But my son goes really fast. He may nurse for as little as 5 minutes and then be done. Is that normal? I'll burp him and then try feeding him more but he won't always want. I know this when he starts pushing me away. Anyone have the same thing w/ their baby?

On another note, my son doesn't have set naps during the day....and his naps are cat naps. He'll take anywhere from 3-5 20 min- 1/2 hr naps...and this can be anytime during the day. Any ideas on how to get him to sleep on more of a set schedule and for longer? It would be a lot easier having his sleep for an hour or more at a time. By the time I get him to nap, he is getting up.

TIA

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 5:44 pm
Both are normal Smile

You can try extending his naps by catching him right as he's stirring, before he's fully awake, and rocking his stroller or crib or whatever he's sleeping in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics