Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where can I buy double electric breast pump?

LisaS

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 3:15 am
Does anyone know where I can buy a double electric breast pump in Israel? Any brand recommendations?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 3:39 am
I have the Medella Pump in Style, which I love. I got it in chul, but you can try Shilav, Chasdei Shmuel (if you are in J-lem), or Jessica Bilowitz, a lactation consultant in RBS and J-lem, sells them as well. Her number is in the newcomers guide, I think. The Medella Freestyle was the best and most expensive, when I bought a pump a few years ago, but someone told me you can never get a heater to use it on shabbos, because of certain functions that it has (whereas, in certain halachic cases, you can get a peak to put the other types of pumps on a shabbos timer). Also, there is something online called a pump ease, which hold the pump so you can pump hands-free- it's great- I have used mine for years.

Hatzlacha!

LisaS

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 4:35 am
Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 4:46 am
Hanaka tova on derech chevron in jm.
great american service. everything can be tried out and tested. they have both the madela models and the ameda (personally I think the ameda is great and thats what I have. but you have to see what works for you)
www.hanakatova.com/
if you buy a pump there they will give you a free session with a lactation counseler. and they told me that they can mail you stuff if needed. like broken parts or freezer bags. (I never tried this myself)
personally I loved their service.

LisaS

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 4:54 am
Do you remember how much you paid for your Ameda pump?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 6:31 am
975 nis
if you know for sure what you want you might want to buy it online- it will be much cheaper.
pros and cons for ameda vs. madela-
ameda-
- cheaper
- lasts longer
- easy to clean
- easier layout- the ameda has a place to put bottles you filled already

madela-
- some people can't get milk out with the ameda
- very hard cleaning. very.
- bigger and heavier
- quiet relative to the ameda
- almost double the price

LisaS

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 8:20 am
Thanks so much for the information!

Since I work from home, I don't mind if the machine is loud and I don't need the special packaging. But would I be taking a risk to buy the ameda is the suction isn't strong enough for some people?

Can I buy it online to be shipped to Israel, or only for a relative to bring from the US? I can get it from the US in about a month, but I want my baby to already learn how to drink from a bottle so we won't be in a bind when I go back to work.

Thanks so much for your advice.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 8:49 am
the above store- hanaka tova will let you try the pump for free if you make a purchase in the store. and if you don't they will charge 50 nis so maybe its worth it to go and try.
also you can try finding a gemach for electric pumps and this way you will know what you like.
also, most gemachim will lend it to you for a month so you will have a pump while your own is on its way from the us.
I also know that you can rent pumps. maybe look into that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions