Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Pepper steak- not sweet

SS6099

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 7:42 am
I bought pepper steak. Anyone know of a recipe, not sweet, and it need not be made in the traditional pepper steak style?
Thx!

Motherlee

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 9:00 am
Chinese Pepper Steak

I love this recipe! Prep+cook time is 15 minutes or less and the steak is soft and chewy, as it should be. It’s so tasty and I especially like to add even more veggies than called for when I’m low on meat.

1 pound pepper steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
1 green, red and yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges

Directions
1. Slice the steak into 1/2-inch thick slices across the grain.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and ginger in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Place the steak slices into the marinade, and stir until well-coated.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the steak strips into the hot oil. Cook and stir until the beef is well-browned, about 3 minutes. Set marinade aside.
4. Stir in the onion. Toss the beef and onion together until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes, then stir in the green pepper. Cook and stir the mixture until the pepper has turned bright green and started to become tender, about 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes with the leftover sauce, cook 4 more minutes, and serve.

Original recipe makes 4 servings
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics