Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Post C-Section in a new Country - HELP ME DETROITERS!!!

teabag4me8

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 5:46 am
Hi everybody - I currently live in Israel and am IY"H expecting my 5th in a few months. All of my babies have been born here, and I had a horrifically traumatizing c-section experience with my last baby (after the 1st three were normal deliveries). I spent months doing research for this next birth here: doctors, hospitals, doulas, etc. and last minute (as of Thursday) we are suddenly moving to America = Detroit, MI!

So any Detroiters who can help me asap? I'm VERY nervous and need to find:

-a doctor that will be open to helping me get a vbac
-a doctor that will see me for the first time in my 8th month (I'm arriving in Detroit at week 33!)
-a doctor that takes medicaid, which I'll hopefully get approved for soon

*also I've heard there are midwives in America...how does that work?

I am absolutely petrified of another c-section...if has to happen, it has to, but I'd like to do everything I can to prevent it!

Any help appreciated as my anxiety is growing along with my tummy!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 7:28 am
PM me. I have a lot of info for you. I work in OB in Detroit.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 9:41 am
not detroit and not a vbac, but I also moved to america in my 33rd week, it wasn't easy finding a provider but b"H I did find a midwife who I liked very much, I'd definitely recommend looking into the midwife option. hatzlacha!

shmaichul

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:07 am
If you're interested in a midwife I highly recommend Trish Scane. She works with Henry Ford Wb and she is great! (yes she takes Medicaid and will take a late transfer of care)

teabag4me8

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 1:05 pm
Do you have her contact info? I'm not sure how it worksin America...if I need a doctor for a vbac, etc...but I'll make calls to research! Thnx

chaylizi

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 2:32 pm
Most hospital systems have provider search options on their websites with contact info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating