Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pediatric ENT Rickert or Goldsmith

rd5081

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 12:07 pm
My son needs to see an ent for repetitious strept. My pediatrician recommended these 2 ent on my insurance. Dr. Rickert, or Dr. Goldsmith. Does anyone have good experience with any of these? Or both of these?

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 12:11 pm
from my understanding (and I've never seen either of these doctors) if you want an appointment with Dr. Goldsmith anytime in the next few months, schedule an appointment yesterday.

valleygirl

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 12:55 am
I use Dr. Rickert with my son and had an amazing experience. He so nice and has a great bedside manner, and good with kids. I also found he actually heard me and was available even through email to answer my questions when I had them. Any other questions please feel to contact me,

Chana3

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 1:04 am
I've had a great experience with Dr. Goldsmith, but like someone posted earlier, it does take a very long time to get an appointment with him.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:30 am
bumping this up. My dr. recommended Dr. Rickert and Dr. Vastola. I am looking for updated information on these doctors. Thanks

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:33 am
I also used Dr. Goldsmith and had a very long wait. My daughter had ear tubes placed and surgery was rescheduled 3 times for various reasons--each time we had to wait another 3 months.

We recently moved to another city and she needs ear tubes placed again--they gave us an appointment for 2 weeks later!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:42 am
I've used both. They are both good doctors. DS was scheduled for surgery to remove his adenoids 1.5 years ago, but I got cold feet and decided to seek a second opinion before rushing into it. We've been seeing Dr. Rickert every few months since then, and we like his bedside manner much better, to the extent that if he deems the surgery necessary, I'd like him to do it, instead of Dr. Goldsmith. DS is now 7, and his adenoids are likely not growing anymore, so as DS grows the need for surgery is lessening. We are actually seeing him next week again. So it's now 18 months later, and Dr. Rickert felt we should wait and see, and prescribed a nasal spray to see if it would help. So we have still not gone through with the surgery bh!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:43 am
What about Dr. Vastola? Has anyone seem him recently?

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:52 am
I also had a great experience with Dr. Rickert for recurring strep. Also takes like 3 months to get app't. Even though we had to schedule surgery, if he first suggested a non-surgical alternative, and recommended surgery only after we tried that. I really appreciated that he wasn't jumping to cut. We had to have surgery anyway.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:58 am
Love Rickert! He is great with the kids, conservative about recommending surgery but is great when surgery does happen. Two of my kids had tonsils and adenoids out with him. I have an appointment coming up soon with another child, this time to see about tubes. However, definitely make an appointment soon, it takes 6-8 weeks to be seen.

Gefiltefish

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 10:06 am
I've been seeing Goldsmith for over a year. Although he is a good doctor, his scheduling is absolutely ridiculous and service is terrible!!! I had to wait for a surgery in the summer and then they canceled it when it cleared up and then now when they decided to reschedule the surgery I have to wait 4 months!! So I switched to Dr Rickert in nyu and use his associate Dr April and I as so far very happy and surgery is scheduled for next week! So my vote definitely goes to rickert in nyu all the doctors there are good!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries