Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pool attire for my little boy?!?

zcc

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:10 am
What do you get for your little boy (mine is 18 months) to go to and from the pool? Does he just wear his bathing suit or do u also put on robe/towel....
we will be traveling by car in swimming attire to the pool.

thanks!

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:30 am
I assume he isn't potty trained. They have swim diapers or diaper covers (plastic with elasticized legs) that can be worn over a regular diaper. You can pop on a tee shirt or a rashguard (a shirt made of slinky swimsuit material) to protect his upper body from the sun's rays.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:33 am
What DrMom said.

Also, bring dry clothes for him to change into afterwards. You don't want him getting his car seat all wet.

Barbara

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:38 am
DrMom wrote:
I assume he isn't potty trained. They have swim diapers or diaper covers (plastic with elasticized legs) that can be worn over a regular diaper. You can pop on a tee shirt or a rashguard (a shirt made of slinky swimsuit material) to protect his upper body from the sun's rays.

Swim diapers don't absorb urine. Their sole purpose is to contain fecal matter. So if the child is not potty trained, I would not suggest a long drive in just a swim diaper.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:55 am
True. Okay, so I'd put him in a regular diaper for the drive and change into a clean diaper + swim diaper or cover for the pool. You don't need a lot of space to change an 18-mo's diaper; you can do it in the car or on a towel on the grass/on a lawnchair, etc.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 7:54 am
Clothes with swim attire under to go, just clothes and diaper after

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:07 am
Swim trunks and rashguard is fine for the car. Definitely something dry for the way home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics