Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What can I do with

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:20 am
A master's in education and special education? I am possibly moving soon out of nyc. I heard that salary wise, out of nyc is much less. Do you know how much less? Also I m trying to list all the job options that I can do with my masters?
So far
Seit
P3
Teacher
Tutor
Renshaw coordinator
Please add!!! Tia

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:26 am
Bat Mitzvah teacher (on the side)

Tutor in anything at all, particularly English (on the side)

Home schooling expert (on the side)

Daycare center operator

English as a Second Language

You can organize, communicate and motivate. There will be things to do.

In the first six months you will be a fascinating, exotic import from the Big City. After that they will get used to you. So be aggressive in the first six months.
Get your resume and business cards in order and comb the net for what's going on in your new locale.

The OU Job Board might be of use; join it.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 8:51 am
I have a masters in education and I sell lipstick. Smile so you just never know. I wasn't happy with the $$ and lack of flexibility in education and I was drawn to sales. Now I work whenever I want from home--- better for my crazy life.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:03 am
Depends on your work experience and where you move to. Contrary to what most people believe, the world isn't divided between "NY" and "other." There will be huge variations depending on location.

runninglate

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
A master's in education and special education? I am possibly moving soon out of nyc. I heard that salary wise, out of nyc is much less. Do you know how much less? Also I m trying to list all the job options that I can do with my masters?
So far
Seit
P3
Teacher
Tutor
Renshaw coordinator
Please add!!! Tia
What's a Renshaw coordinator?

May

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:14 am
Typically, when the income is less, the cost of living in that city is also less. That doesn't always apply to frum living but as a general rule it is true.

Fyi, SEIT and P3 are jobs that only exist in NYC.

You can also do resource/ remedial room.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:15 am
runninglate wrote:
What's a Renshaw coordinator?

Sorry res-hab coordinator. Auto correct on my phone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics