Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Please help me save my applesauce!

Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:57 pm
I put waaay too much cinnamon in the applesauce I made last night. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or any good recipes (e.g. baking) that I can use it in, where the cinnamon flavour will be less pronounced/an asset? Just to give you a sense of how much cinnamon it contains, it reminds me a little of a v. weak hot tamale. I can handle, but my kids can't. I used 2 cinnamon sticks(they were oldish) for about 6 apples. whoops.

Thank you!

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 11:03 pm
You can try to dilute the cinnamon flavor by making more applesauce without any cinnamon and mixing the two batches together.

Alternatively, my mother likes to partially substitute applesauce for oil in some of her baked goods (ie when the recipe calls for 1 cup oil, she adds 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce instead). You could freeze the applesauce in small amounts to use as needed.

loveit

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:49 am
I use apple sauce in my banana bread recipe so you could use it for that. Then you just add less cinnamon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics