Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
"I love you even more than I love Hashem"
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:00 pm
Get a grip, people. The kid's FIVE. Now's not the time to correct the way he says he loves you (if in fact it's ever appropriate to do so, and I'm not at all sure it is). What's gonna happen--he's going to go OTD because he doesn't love G-d enough? G-d is gonna punish him for insufficiently observing the commandment of "veahavta"? Yeesh. The kid says he loves you and gets a lecture.

I'm with Capitalchick. The appropriate answer for a five-year-old is "thank you, sweetie, I love you, too."

debsey

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 6:07 pm
zaq wrote:
Get a grip, people. The kid's FIVE. Now's not the time to correct the way he says he loves you (if in fact it's ever appropriate to do so, and I'm not at all sure it is). What's gonna happen--he's going to go OTD because he doesn't love G-d enough? G-d is gonna punish him for insufficiently observing the commandment of "veahavta"? Yeesh. The kid says he loves you and gets a lecture.

I'm with Capitalchick. The appropriate answer for a five-year-old is "thank you, sweetie, I love you, too."

I'm with zaq and capitalchick. Do we really need Rashi and Mephorshim to read into every statement our kids make? Love you too, honey! end of conversation......

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
What is the right thing to answer your child (5 years old) when he says this?

I love you too dear.

(I think most of us in our hearts love our family members more than we love a G-d we dont see, even if some of us wont admit it)

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 7:36 pm
zaq wrote:

Actually, he's nine.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics