Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Hampshire
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:39 pm
Would really appreciate any help as to where to stay, we would love to be close to minyan but still want some privacy.
We are coming with some children and looking for a suite with a kitchenette and some living space.
Also I am particular and I like a nice place.
Thanks!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:43 pm
My husband and I love it, but we tend to do the more remote, out of the way "wild" type places. It is hard to find such a place with a minyan anywhere nearby.

It's not hard to find a "nice" place but you should read the reviews before you go.

perquacky

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:06 pm
We've been several times with our 4 kids and take a condo with a kitchen that we kasher. Easy to find kosher food in the supermarkets, including meat, and there was a small grocery store that was selling challah. Not sure if they closed.
There's a daily minyan at Loon Mountain resort, and many people staying nearby walk over there to daven.
Tons of things to do in NH. My kids would go back every summer, if they could.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:12 pm
perquacky wrote:
We've been several times with our 4 kids and take a condo with a kitchen that we kasher. Easy to find kosher food in the supermarkets, including meat, and there was a small grocery store that was selling challah. Not sure if they closed.
There's a daily minyan at Loon Mountain resort, and many people staying nearby walk over there to daven.
Tons of things to do in NH. My kids would go back every summer, if they could.

Can you share where you stayed?
Thanks!

perquacky

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:28 pm
The name of the complex is Forest Ridge. We found the place using homeaway.com
There are plenty of properties in the area for rent in the summer. We rented the condo for $700/week. 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, dining area, living room, porch overlooking the lake, washer/dryer.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:37 pm
If you're going to be there over Shabbos, your options are more limited. Village of Loon is probably the most popular, and is about a 10-15 minute walk to the minyan, although often unofficial minyanim are made in the Village of Loon itself. If you're only going during the week, you have many more options, as virtually everyplace there is less than a 10 minute drive from the minyan on Loon Mountain. Depending on how much work you want to do, you can look on homeaway and vrbo, or you can call Loon Reservation Service, who are quite familiar with the frum needs and will make sure you stay in the right location.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:38 pm
perquacky wrote:
The name of the complex is Forest Ridge. We found the place using homeaway.com
There are plenty of properties in the area for rent in the summer. We rented the condo for $700/week. 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, dining area, living room, porch overlooking the lake, washer/dryer.

Thanks so much I will check it out,
other ideas appreciated.

chatouli

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 5:20 pm
Is there a restaurant anywhere within an hour or so?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 6:43 pm
Closest real restaurant is in Boston, 2 hours south. There used to be some sort of restaurant in Bethlehem, NH (about 30-40 minutes away) run by Satmar, don't know if it's still around. There's also a non-kosher deli near Loon Mt. that brings in kosher wrapped products fresh from Brooklyn each week in the summer to accommodate the frum visitors.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 7:03 pm
Bethlehem has two minyanim and there is a kosher takeout right behind what used to be the Arlington hotel - but I dont know if it's in operation this year. I have no idea.

palm tights

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 7:40 pm
Arlington isnt open anymore for the past 2 years , and this non jewish store with kosher food in loon is already closed , but in betlehem bh"md the shames over there has alot of basic grocery stuff and full shabbos take out

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 10:00 pm
What's bh"md?

palm tights

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 10:10 pm
Bies hamedresh

amother

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 12:16 pm
Anyone know if there is a mikvah near lincoln NH, a relative we are going with will only go to a place that has a mikvah.
TIA!

palm tights

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 12:24 pm
Bethlehem nh has a mikva its 20 minute drive from lincoln

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:41 am
Anyone know of a place walking distance to the Mountain club on loon, for some reason all the village of loon houses or any nearby dont have air conditioning and I was told it is hot there.
Has anyone stayed at the Nordic Inn? Is it walking distance to minyan if we stay for shabbos?
Any other ideas?
TIA

malkacooks

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 11:56 am
I'm also interested. I might take my family up to storyland... how close is it to loon?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 12:25 pm
Hi, im the original poster, thanks for all the replies.
In the end were staying at a condo in Forest Ridge, there is always a minyan in Forest Ridge itself.
We are really looking forward to this trip and wondering if anyone can share how and where to possibly get park coupons/discounts for Storyland and Clarks trading post.
These trips are costly for a family and would love to minimize that if possible.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 11:40 am
Does anyone have the phone number fore the Beis medresh or shamah so that I can find out about the takeout food for shabbos. I am going to Bethlahem next week and trying to figure out what I need to tkae.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 12:51 pm
doctorima wrote:
Closest real restaurant is in Boston, 2 hours south. There used to be some sort of restaurant in Bethlehem, NH (about 30-40 minutes away) run by Satmar, don't know if it's still around. There's also a non-kosher deli near Loon Mt. that brings in kosher wrapped products fresh from Brooklyn each week in the summer to accommodate the frum visitors.

Do you happen to know the address of this place?or the name of the store so I can google the address?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics