Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Letter from israeli soldier. Please pray for them.

mammala120

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:31 pm
Today our hearts are pounding in fear. Who of us will die? And who will return safely?

We are your messengers in fighting . We are fighting so you can live peacefully with your children. So you can stay alive. We are your protection. Will you be ours? We are going to this dangerous mission knowing some of us will not come back, but will rise to their next position in a storm to heaven, as Eliyahu the Navi did.

We are going with devotion and dedication. We are asking you to be our protection with your prayers. Protect us by going above and beyond yourselves through Ruchniyus and good deeds. Pray for us. Pray that you won’t see another mother burying her son. Pray that you won’t see our wives as widows raise our children in tears. Pray that our children will grow up knowing who their fathers are. Pray that we will eliminate the terrorists who aim to destroy us, and that we will not injure innocent women and children.

Please, we are begging you, as you are reading this, don’t just go on to the next thing you are doing. Say a chapter of Tehillim. Wake up David HaMelech to ask Hashem for full Geulah and peace for the all world. Take upon yourselves another good deed. And please pass this on. I’m certain that your prayer will make a difference. Remember, we are in it together. We are on the front lines carrying the weapons and you are fighting along with us in your prayers. Each word of your prayer gives us strength, protection and success!!!!!!

- Soldier in Gaza

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:59 pm
Thanks for posting this.

Link to tehillim online

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:26 pm
This is a hoax.

No soldier in Gaza is allowed to write about anything. In fact the Israeli police arrested soldiers for spreading rumors and such on whatsapp.

Either way it is still important to say tehillim but it did not come from a soldier.

etky

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 2:25 am
chocolate chips wrote:
This is a hoax.

No soldier in Gaza is allowed to write about anything. In fact the Israeli police arrested soldiers for spreading rumors and such on whatsapp.

Either way it is still important to say tehillim but it did not come from a soldier.

I agree that this could be less than authentic. There is so much phony stuff going around.
Still, it does convey what many of the older chayalim, the miluimnikim especially, might be thinking.
And there are soldiers who do go in and out on a regular basis. They probably do have access to their phones when they are out and believe me - far, far more 'sensitive' information is being sent out to friends and family. This is not the type of message that military censors are interested in.
Bottom line - doesn't hurt to daven whether this letter is authentic or not.

m in Israel

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 7:43 am
chocolate chips wrote:
This is a hoax.

I don't know if this is authentic or not, but it could very well have been written by someone called up to go into Gaza before actually entering -- there is no specific information included, so it may have gone out before he got his actual assignment and was restricted in his communication.

I thought the soldiers were arrested for spreading the names of soldiers who had been killed before their families were notified. That is very different from a generic "we are scared and don't know what the future may bring, please daven"

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:48 am
etky wrote:
I agree that this could be less than authentic. There is so much phony stuff going around.
Still, it does convey what many of the older chayalim, the miluimnikim especially, might be thinking.
And there are soldiers who do go in and out on a regular basis. They probably do have access to their phones when they are out and believe me - far, far more 'sensitive' information is being sent out to friends and family. This is not the type of message that military censors are interested in.
Bottom line - doesn't hurt to daven whether this letter is authentic or not.

Exactly what I wrote.

And besides, I don't care who wrote it but don't say it is a soldier in Gaza. Like I said, soldiers are not allowed to write anything to do with anything. I didn't make this up I heard this from a soldiers mom who's son was given specific warnings not to say or post anything about Gaza operations.

It is a great letter I just don't like it when people say it is "from a soldier in Gaza" when that is impossible. Just say it is a nice letter about soldiers. Or thoughts from a solider. Or what a soldier in gaza is thinking.

etky

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 1:16 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
Exactly what I wrote.

And besides, I don't care who wrote it but don't say it is a soldier in Gaza. Like I said, soldiers are not allowed to write anything to do with anything. I didn't make this up I heard this from a soldiers mom who's son was given specific warnings not to say or post anything about Gaza operations.

It is a great letter I just don't like it when people say it is "from a soldier in Gaza" when that is impossible. Just say it is a nice letter about soldiers. Or thoughts from a solider. Or what a soldier in gaza is thinking.

It's not impossible. The social media that I've been exposed too - some from very reliable sources - contain letters that soldiers and officers are writing to the public, generally thank yous and requests for prayers and continued support, when they come out for "התרעננות" or right before they go in , at the staging grounds. So technically when the soldier is writing the letter he is not in Gaza proper but he could be on a break and heading back in or on the brink of going in for the first time.
No one is censoring requests for prayers. As I said, the details and pictures that people that I know are getting from sons and husband - before they go in or when they come out for a break and get their phones back -are way more sensitive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed