Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Go or not

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:19 am
You make plans to go somewhere with your children. You don't plan on leaving till, let's say, after lunch and the whole morning your kids are restless and make trouble. They fight with one another or just about anything. At that point, they don't deserve to go, but they need to get out. What do you do?

This is a general question, but in my circumstance now, my children have winter vacation and this is the end of the first week. The first day we went to the zoo and the park because it was nice, but we left first thing in the morning. Today I plan on taking them out for lunch because it's indoors and they like that. Lunch is not until at least 12 and now they're calm, but before &$(($85;3;$,<|>£*€>!!!!! That was me cursing Smile .

I'm going to take them, but what do you do in those types of circumstances? I'm sure it happens to you too Wink .

5*Mom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:23 am
I say, "I think we can all use a change of scenery to help us change our mood." And then we definitely go. I wouldn't shoot myself in the foot.

What you're describing sounds typical of siblings on vacation who have to get used to being together again and the new non-schedule of vacation. It's mostly about setting things up for success, which is what you are doing by taking them out.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 7:22 pm
5*Mom wrote:
I say, "I think we can all use a change of scenery to help us change our mood." And then we definitely go. I wouldn't shoot myself in the foot.

What you're describing sounds typical of siblings on vacation who have to get used to being together again and the new non-schedule of vacation. It's mostly about setting things up for success, which is what you are doing by taking them out.

I love that line. I will be using it! thanks

and to answer OP, when the kids act up like that, the last thing I feel like doing is taking them anywhere. I usually try to push myself to take them because staying home surely wont help the moods. it always feels like I'm rewarding them, which is why I love 5*mom's line.

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 8:01 pm
I might tell them in the morning, "If everyone is cooperative this morning, I hope we'll be able to go on a trip"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children