Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help-daycamp driving me nuts

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 3:49 pm
I'm a Seit during the year and continued the same case now in the summer. I have done seit in the summer b4, but its my first time in this daycamp- its terrible. Its beyond boring , they are extremely stingy so most of the time the kids are doing nothing- and acting crazy. The counselors don't care...which makes it fruitless for me to try. Its really bothering me cuz I'm considered a really good Seit and I just can't do anything here. A small example- yester day was sleep day and for 45 min they had snoring contest who could snore the longest! Nursery! Any ideas how to occupy the time? Sad

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 4:27 pm
I was a day camp morah for three year olds for a number of years (this is my summer off!). We did nap the kids, was a manditory, camp instituted nap time, and the vast majority of the kids did in fact sleep. They were so zonked after a long day in the sun! The few kids who stayed awake could do quiet activities on their mats. I had a few seits every summer. One told me (she might be correct ir incorrect, I dont know) that if her camper slept, she cound not count that time against the childs hours. If he slept, she would stay longer or make up the hour. If the kid was awake, the seit would pull a few campers along with her camper and utilize the time for a quiet social skills game.

As a morah, I can tell you that I really disliked when the seit would try to lead my group. Could be because I did not need the help, but also because I did not want her to step on my toes. Your job is your student. Dont worry aniut the rest if the kids, even though I am sure it miluat be torture watching crazyness go on.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 4:39 pm
I am not worried abt the kids- I just don't feel like I can discipline my own kid because of the total lack of structure, routine, normalcy.the whole yr I worked with her on sitting g during lunch. Yesterday I reminded her abt sitting, but how could I tell her something when all the kids are standing and the counselors don't Care? I am extremely bored and just wait till the end of the day

Tirza

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:14 pm
I think you should talk to your student's parents. They have a right to know what is going on. And they can guide you as to how they would like you to work with their child in such an environment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics