Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Dd wants to get instragram
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:27 pm
you can see them. They may be thumbnails, but you can still see them. Assume you are following "A," if "A" likes D's pictures, even if you don't follow D, and D is private, you can tell on your feed that "A liked Ds Picture" and a thumbnail of that picture is right there. Also, instagram gives you a "trending" based on what you like. Most of the time those pictures are totally inappropriate.

I also just think that kids (and many adults) don't realize how not-private things they put anywhere on the web are.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:31 pm
amother wrote:
Just commenting on this in case someone gets misinformation from here. A private account is totally private, noone can see the pics even if someone they follow "liked" your pic. Those pics are not on the screen.

Exactly.
That amother is wrong.

4Sisters

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 1:27 pm
Wow. This was SO helpful!!!!!

My thanks to everyone who took the time to comment. As you can see, you helped me and others, too.

Good Shabbos.

Undefined

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 1:39 pm
As an aside, 4sisters how did you set up an email for your daughter that goes through your email?

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
you can see them. They may be thumbnails, but you can still see them. Assume you are following "A," if "A" likes D's pictures, even if you don't follow D, and D is private, you can tell on your feed that "A liked Ds Picture" and a thumbnail of that picture is right there. Also, instagram gives you a "trending" based on what you like. Most of the time those pictures are totally inappropriate.

I also just think that kids (and many adults) don't realize how not-private things they put anywhere on the web are.

Are there different versions of instagram? I've never seen any trending pics or notifications that someone I'm following had liked another person's pic.

4Sisters

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 4:02 pm
It's an account set up within my gmail (like how my work email also comes to my home email account). I can ask my techie husband for more details if that doesn't clear it up for you (beats me, frankly!)..... Smile

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:52 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
Are there different versions of instagram? I've never seen any trending pics or notifications that someone I'm following had liked another person's pic.
Nope, you have probably never checked out all the buttons on the bottom of the screen. The first one has a house, it's like "homepage" with all the pics in your feed from those you follow.
Then there is a star-like pic, "explore". You can search users and hashtags, and Instagram gives you pics based on what's trending and who else you follow.
Then is the camera icon in the middle, with which you can add pics, either by using the Instagram camera or access pics from your phone's photo albums. The fourth is a heart. On this screen, you can put the tab on "following" to check out what people whom you follow are liking. Or you can put the tab on "news" which is about your own account (comments, likes). And last is your profile page.
Any questions?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children