Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Segulah to have children or anything you pray for
Previous  1  2  3

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 8:28 pm
zaq wrote:
I suspect OP is misreading from a sefer without nekudot or much punctuation. The passage makes more sense if read thus:

...yomar "bizchut Rabbi Eliezer de Avila"
viyvakesh whatever whatever, velo yefasfes 40 yom.

IOW, the sefer is instructing you to say "bizchut Rabbi Eliezer de Avila" after which you ask for your heart's desire, which may or may not be ben zachar, and don't forget to do this for 40 days.

One day the table of contents of a book of segulot will itself be a segulah.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 8:45 pm
You can go to your local Jewish market and buy a good olive oil. I used yavneh- it's from Israel.

What people are saying that it's magic is totally false!! We are a Kollel couple that strictly follows to all the laws of the Torah. This is about davening to HaShem, giving tzedakah and asking HaShem to remember this rabbi - all as a zchus to be answered.

Giving the same three coins and doing it in the order I previously wrote was the exact instructions we got from rabbi morgenstein from eretz Yisrael.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 8:49 pm
Op, I totally get you I am the desperate one! Another question (thanks for the info. Regarding the olive oil). What did you use little glass neronim? Also how long is it supposed to burn for? I am a little nervous leaving the house with fire burning. Listen op I get you. Thank you for posting this!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 8:55 pm
We always only use olive oil for lighting.
So I use my silver candlestick- put in a glass cup. Fill it half with water and half with oil plus the wick. It doesn't matter how much oil you put or how long it'll burn.

Just light at home, I leave it on the table so the kids won't touch. You don't have to be home the whole day to watch it burn. Many times I lighted and went to work.

May your tefilah be answered l"tovah

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 9:03 pm
Please don't leave fires burning in your home unattended Sad that is a segulah for a fire chvs

Factory Girl

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 9:12 pm
zaq wrote:
I suspect OP is misreading from a sefer without nekudot or much punctuation. The passage makes more sense if read thus:

...yomar "bizchut Rabbi Eliezer de Avila"
viyvakesh whatever whatever, velo yefasfes 40 yom.

IOW, the sefer is instructing you to say "bizchut Rabbi Eliezer de Avila" after which you ask for your heart's desire, which may or may not be ben zachar, and don't forget to do this for 40 days.

thank u very much for taking time to reply to my message. ♥

relish

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:29 pm
Op, who is the Rabbi who told you this? I'm interested.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:03 pm
imasoftov wrote:
One day the table of contents of a book of segulot will itself be a segulah.
Salut

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:04 pm
Factory Girl wrote:
thank u very much for taking time to reply to my message. ♥

My plezh.

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 8:27 pm
zaq wrote:
Avila is Morocco? I could have sworn it was in Spain. Accent on the initial A.

You're right, sorry. I got confused with all the people in Morocco and buried there who were named di Avila or di Abila, I just assumed it was in Morocco. My Spanish geography is poor, to say the least!

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 8:38 pm
In my way of thinking, a segulah is a reasonable way of davenning for a specific bracha if you know the reason behind it, the connection with the neshama in whose name you are seeking your own bracha.

Amuka is a good example, many people mock it, but it has a reasonable logic behind going to daven at the kever of a great man who never married as his neshama will have a special kesher for those in the same situation. Kabbalistic, mystical but still retains some logic.

When you don't know who the person was in whose name you seek the bracha, why you do the specific ritual (same coins, 40 days, pure oil) and have no understanding of the kesher between the ritual and the bracha it is supposed to bring down, this takes a step away from the logic and the whole thing becomes a magic spell.

If someone has a reason, an explanation for this segulah, please would they post it so that this seemingly bizarre ritual can be founded in some historical significance or fact. If not, it is very concerning that people are really taking on ritualised behaviors without having any knowledge of why they are doing so, which is "not a good idea" in any religious practice.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 9:59 pm
I'm the original poster.

Rabbi morgenstein from eretz Yisrael told us to do this for 40 days. He told us to do it in that order, with those specific steps. Obviously the segulah specifically for children has connection with r" eliezer Diabila from Morroco. We didn't ask why or question it.

You can ask for anything because your davening to HaShem. HaShem is the source of everything. Everything Is from him.

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the original poster.

Rabbi morgenstein from eretz Yisrael told us to do this for 40 days. He told us to do it in that order, with those specific steps. Obviously the segulah specifically for children has connection with r" eliezer Diabila from Morroco. We didn't ask why or question it.

You can ask for anything because your davening to HaShem. HaShem is the source of everything. Everything Is from him.

Yes, but why this Rabbi Eliezer Di Avila? What was his kesher with infertility or children? And why the coins, why identical, why lighting a candle etc?

Of course everything is from Hashem, the question is why make us tie ourselves in knots fishing out the right coin when the ideal is to daven with sincerity?

All our minhagim have sources, or a mesorah of some kind, some of which are fascinating and are discussed at length in rabbinic literature. It is important to know why we do something rather than just blindly follow instructions, especially when it is not something that is well established in our own heritage. Or we start hanging plastic bags on trees all over the Galil.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 10:46 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
Yes, but why this Rabbi Eliezer Di Avila? What was his kesher with infertility or children? And why the coins, why identical, why lighting a candle etc?

Of course everything is from Hashem, the question is why make us tie ourselves in knots fishing out the right coin when the ideal is to daven with sincerity?

All our minhagim have sources, or a mesorah of some kind, some of which are fascinating and are discussed at length in rabbinic literature. It is important to know why we do something rather than just blindly follow instructions, especially when it is not something that is well established in our own heritage. Or we start hanging plastic bags on trees all over the Galil.

Rabbi morgenstein is a big gadol hador and tzadik. When he would tell you to do something he knows the kabalistic/ spiritual reasonings of what to do and why to do them. He has a special connection to HaShem and a greater knowledge in everything. We are simple ovdim HaShem. It's not our job to understand everything or question big rabbis. You should have emunah peshutah in believing big rabbi"a who are known to be tzadikim.

This segulah is not a strange ritual. It might be unheard of because you didn't go to this big rabbi or go thru what we did. I shared the exact words he said in the hopes it would help people who struggle with having children or whatever they yearn for.

People should Daven with sincerity for everything.
Just because you pray for something ( for years even) doesn't mean it'll happen ( and happen when you want it). That's why we go to gedolim , ask for berachot and ask for special things we can do to see the yeshua we need

amother

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:36 am
I need major yeshuas. When I first read this I responded rite away it has been on my mind since but I never did it. Now I must. Just throwing this out there: let's say you daven try every thing out there which is suggested to you but still the same problem remains. I feel as if HaShem did answer me and the answer is no. Any thoughts?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 10:21 pm
What if I want to do this. What do I do when its shavuot????

mklein

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:40 am
Does this segula with the oil work if a rav did not tell you to do it?

mklein

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:50 am
im from out of town have no way to get wicks with glass holder to light the oil can I use just reg candle?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 10:44 am
Bump. Any updates from those who tried this?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics