Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Israeli passports- some questions

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:21 am
I'm the OP of the thread about shipping as well. Sorry for the amother but I think my situation & details will make it easy for people who know of me to figure out who I am.

I need to get Israeli passports for me & my kids so that we can move back to America (it will be just over 12 months that we have been here when we go back). I am trying to figure out how to do it. I went to NBN's site and that directed me to Misrad Hapnim's website.

It seems there are 2 types of passports- regular & biometric. What is the difference? As far as I can understand on the website (my hebrew is good but not great) they seem to be the same price, is that correct?

How do I know which office to go to to get them? Do I just call the office that is closest and ask them if I can come there? Is there one office that anyone can go to?

Do I need anything from my husband in order for my kids to get passports? I know in the states you need both parents present or a notarized letter from the second parent.

Do they actually come in the time frame they say they come in? I probably won't have much leeway as I can't start the process until Aug 1st and I need to be back in the states by Sept 1st (for school)

Thanks for all your help!!

mom2six

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:24 am
I don't know the difference between biometric and regular. (We got regular.)

You can go to any Misrad Hapnim without calling first. Your husband doesn't have to be there or give consent. It comes within the time frame or earlier. Usually within 10 days, you should have received it by mail.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:30 am
Go to any branch of Misrad HaPnim to get the forms, and the forms will explain what you need.

Of course, you will need passport photos (Israeli sized, not US sized; ask in any photo shop), TZ, cash (don't remember how much it is).

Go home and fill out the forms as much as possible ahead of time and then go back and get on line.

Biometric means they have your fingerprints on file and use that as part of your ID. If you're okay with that, then there is an advantage that the immigration lines are quicker for the biometric passports. But the standard ones work fine too. Smile

eli7

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 9:25 am
I think you can also download the forms from the misrad hapnim website, which would save you a trip to pick them up. I've done this for other govt forms, but not for passports, but it's worth checking out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating