Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Please recommend a coffee making machine
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 9:28 am
I am looking for a coffee maker. I would prefer a wall mounted unit but the feedback on them was not great. I like a nice delicious cup of fresh brewed coffee preferably fresh ground. Once in a while when I am out, I like a chai latte and a cappuccino. I would love to have one at home.

Does anyone know of a good coffee maker? Right now I only have instant.

I am anonymous because I have been asking IRL with no success.

TIA

real israeli

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 9:41 am
would you consider a machine with pods? because I love my Nespresso machine!!

rae gi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:20 am
Keurig. Highly recommended.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:58 am
real israeli wrote:
would you consider a machine with pods? because I love my Nespresso machine!!

Thank you. I just tried one that has cappuccino and American coffee. The cappuccino was good. Thank you for the idea. I didn't try the American. Do you find the pods limiting? This is a big improvement over my instant.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:59 am
rae gi wrote:
Keurig. Highly recommended.

Is that with pods?

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:08 pm
Keurig is with pods. I was hesitant at first, but you can buy a reusable pod and refill it. I LOVE my Keurig coffee. It's delicious, always fresh, and considerably cheaper than my old Dunkin Donuts coffee habit.
Plus, nothing beats the smell of it brewing in the morning.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:05 pm
My BFF has an amazing coffee machine that does everything you ask as well as grind the beans... I will ask her and then post... Give me a minute!

real israeli

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. I just tried one that has cappuccino and American coffee. The cappuccino was good. Thank you for the idea. I didn't try the American. Do you find the pods limiting? This is a big improvement over my instant.

Not sure what u mean by the American. I totally don't find the pods limiting. They have tons of flavors and options. All their flavors are with a good hechsher. And I look fwd to the coffee and smell thereof every morning!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:18 pm
debsey wrote:
Keurig is with pods. I was hesitant at first, but you can buy a reusable pod and refill it. I LOVE my Keurig coffee. It's delicious, always fresh, and considerably cheaper than my old Dunkin Donuts coffee habit.
Plus, nothing beats the smell of it brewing in the morning.

Can you make a cappuccino? The machine I saw had a milk frothing attachment and you would pure the forthy milk on top of espresso. Are there different models? I like the refillable idea so I could have special coffees.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:22 pm
real israeli wrote:
Not sure what u mean by the American. I totally don't find the pods limiting. They have tons of flavors and options. All their flavors are with a good hechsher. And I look fwd to the coffee and smell thereof every morning!

The sales lady was calling the regular cups of coffee American coffee versus the espresso and cappuccino. I meant limited in the sense that I couldn't use beans purchased elsewhere.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:25 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
My BFF has an amazing coffee machine that does everything you ask as well as grind the beans... I will ask her and then post... Give me a minute!

Thanks. LOL I asked the sales lady if they had a machine that could make the heart shapes in the cappuccino. I know at least YKWIM. Very Happy

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
Can you make a cappuccino? The machine I saw had a milk frothing attachment and you would pure the forthy milk on top of espresso. Are there different models? I like the refillable idea so I could have special coffees.

Mine doesn't, but I think there are models that do.
www.keurig.com
Here's the link to their website.
good luck! (she says as she takes a sip of her freshly brewed vanilla coffee......) Wink

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:35 pm
breville.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:44 pm
We, my dh and I want one of these http://www.delonghi.com/en-int.....-cup, but we have this one http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003WH3NT8.

I see the first one didn't go to the right page. It's the pump espresso ones.

And neither did the second one. This is it, Oster Prima Latte One Touch Automatic Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Coffee Maker BVSTEM6601-033.

Last edited by yo'ma on Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

real israeli

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:49 pm
amother wrote:
The sales lady was calling the regular cups of coffee American coffee versus the espresso and cappuccino. I meant limited in the sense that I couldn't use beans purchased elsewhere.

if its important to you that you can purchase beans elsewhere, you can buy refillable cups and put your beans into them. I don't do it but I've seen them sold on Amazon. Personally, I love their flavors. The machine comes with a sample pack so that you can taste 16 of them

I have the umilk machine. I always froth my milk and drink cappuccino because that's what I love but I'm imagining the "American coffee" would be the same thing just with more coffee and no frothed milk?

redheaded

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 9:36 pm
Does one need to toivel a coffe machine?

How long do you let it dry out before using?

Teomima

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:13 am
amother wrote:

My guess is the American coffee means larger ground, so it's like filter coffee, ie plain normal coffee in the States. Not so popular or common here in Israel. Espresso/cappuccino would be a finer ground, and likely use a setting that uses less water, so the coffee is stronger.

With your own reusable pod, you could grind your coffee to whatever extent you want, so you could have coarser "American" coffee, or a denser espresso ground.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:17 am
redheaded wrote:
Does one need to toivel a coffe machine?

Opinions vary. I'm afraid you will need to ask your own rabbi.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:33 am
Keurig.

Regarding toiveling, metal items have to be toiveled.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:40 am
The coffee machines like nespresso with pods need toivelling. However you cant toivel them. We were told to sell it to a non jew but keep it. Then we can use it with out toivelling
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen