Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Positive parenting CDs?

superjew

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:39 pm
Hi

I'm always trying to work on my parenting. Being more patient & positive. I work on this a lot with suggestions & advice. But sometimes I feel like I want to listen to someone talking about this. I drive daily and I listen to life speeches and things that give me inspiration to be the best I can be. So, now I'm looking for a CD that I can keep in the car & listen when I can to help me be inspired to be the best Mother I can be.

Any suggestions? I googled but had a hard time finding anything. It can also be something to download on my iphone maybe?

TIA

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:13 pm
following

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:24 pm
Gordon Neufeld has the best parenting lecture series. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:40 pm
5*Mom wrote:
Gordon Neufeld has the best parenting lecture series. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

just looked him & his books up... would you say they are helpful for someone who has to send kids out from a very young age b/c they are working? or are they just going to make me feel guilty Sad

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:02 pm
He acknowledges the realities of working families in today's world and does not blame parents. If you don't read/listen defensively, you can gain tremendously in terms of understanding what kinds of arrangements and relationships can best stand in for you and your husband within your reality and how to focus your time when you are together. I have found, though, that some people don't seem to be able to get past their own defensiveness and misunderstand him completely, which is a shame. You just need to be able to accept your own situation and read/listen objectively. If you're looking for a real investment, I recommend his video lecture, The Power to Parent. His book Hold on to Your Kids is excellent and I highly recommend it but it doesn't sound like it will give you enough of what you are looking for.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:08 pm
Just wanted to add that if you are looking for parenting tips and tricks or a list of how-to's, this is not that. What you will gain is a new perspective and understanding of parenting and the parent-child/parent-caregiver relationship and the ways that you can work within your particular situation and parent-child dynamic to provide the kind of parenting that your child needs.

wannagrow

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:18 pm
Hi! I'm in the middle of Dina Friedmans parenting course and it a absolutely wonderful. Empowering. Effective!

Hear a sample lecture on the website at clparenting.com.

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:26 pm
Perl Abramowitz - positive parenting is her specialty

superjew

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:02 am
5*Mom wrote:

Where do I find the cd's? Do you feel its a positive parenting inspiration? I'm a single mom so co parenting isn't necessary for me (as mentioned in your other comment) I do want something that will just teach me how to be more patient, be more positive, give me ideas of how to speak to my children of all ages...etc
Things that I'll nod my head to & say yes, thats a wonderful idea! lol

superjew

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:13 am
Bump, I'm trying to find a good cd to purchase asap! Anyone know where to find one that focuses on positive parenting? Or just anything that would inspire me to be the best parent I can

Lovelymom1

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:30 am
I signed up twice to Dina Friedman's course. Now I'm doing it with the cd. I feel so confident and empowered whenever I listen and follow it. I would highly recommend it. I also did Perl Abromowitz's course and think it's not so deep, I didn't gain much from her. Hatzlacha

superjew

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:02 pm
Lovelymom1 wrote:
I signed up twice to Dina Friedman's course. Now I'm doing it with the cd. I feel so confident and empowered whenever I listen and follow it. I would highly recommend it. I also did Perl Abromowitz's course and think it's not so deep, I didn't gain much from her. Hatzlacha

Thank You! Where do I find/buy the cd?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics