Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

acccdac

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:52 pm
I see them getting back together, but I also want to know whats with the plumber. Why was he brought in to the storyline and he was good with avi.

koalamum

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 1:00 pm
Yes! That handsome, muscular plumber! Lol!
He just disappeared like 5 weeks ago!
I also found it funny his name was Shimon and the date's name was Shimmy....(or was it the other way around?!)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 1:03 pm
The Shimon/Shimmy thing was confusing to me too - I have a son named Shimmy and now I am thinking - does that mean he can't become an investment banker?

And what about Shimmy Reiser from the other serial - is the name Shimmy suddenly becoming wildly popular after languishing for thousands of years since the Shimon Hatzaddik era?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
The Shimon/Shimmy thing was confusing to me too - I have a son named Shimmy and now I am thinking - does that mean he can't become an investment banker?

And what about Shimmy Reiser from the other serial - is the name Shimmy suddenly becoming wildly popular after languishing for thousands of years since the Shimon Hatzaddik era?

Maybe Shimmy from the Taste Me Tree grew up? Nah, he'd be too old. We'll solve this mystery.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:

LOL! This weeks just felt like nothing was happening... also would love to hear more about her divorced assistant (always forgetting her name). she was brought in as a interesting character and now she seems to be just background music

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:06 pm
what happend this week? my MIL usually saves me her magazine when she's done but now she's in the catskills....

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:13 pm
Hidden: 

Libby comes back from vacation to find that Avi did ok with her parents once they laid down the law. She tells her mother that Bin's interested in reconciliation. To her great surprise, not only does her mother know because Bin approached her, but she and her husband too were separated.

Are we going to find out that Libby's grandparents were separated too? Shades of "Red, Yellow, and Blue Yarn" Wink Find out in next week's installment!

malkacooks

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:06 pm
pink you are faster then me Smile I was just going to reply but your summary was way better Smile

I think I still dislike bin though....

rise above

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 8:54 am
This week was, well, interesting.

Hidden: 

I'm glad she didn't go for a quick wrap up- happily ever remarried story- which would clearly have been ludicrous with Bin stabilized for what, a few weeks? But this week was just one bad to the next. I don't like the total transformation in her assistant- I hope next week things pull together more. I guess I'm impatient Smile

koalamum

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 9:01 am
Reverse psychology!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 9:34 am
koalamum wrote:
Reverse psychology!!

Then he's even more devious. How interesting that this installment was the same week as a letter about Bin's psychological profile.
Riva, hat's off (figuratively)! Sometimes I read serials and the author's having more fun that the reader. I think it's about even with this one.

Mom3SV

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 10:55 am
I am really enjoying this serial. It's an intriguing story. I kinda like Bin and could see why Libby fell for him originally because he does have a certain charisma. But I feel sorry for him that his ADHD is preventing him from leading a normal life. And of course I feel sorry for Libby and Avi, too. I hope the kid gets help. Sad

I don't know what to think about them getting together after this week's installment. Confused

Oh, and I like Libby's mother. She seems like such a warm, loving grandma. Too bad she doesn't have more nachas.... Sad

Last edited by Mom3SV on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

malkacooks

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:01 pm
I agree. this is a great serial. I look forward to it every week. It so going to be so interesting to see what will happen if libby and bin start to get together. can he keep his act together. also what is going on with her assistant? so excited for next week

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:10 pm
malkacooks wrote:
I agree. this is a great serial. I look forward to it every week. It so going to be so interesting to see what will happen if libby and bin start to get together. can he keep his act together. also what is going on with her assistant? so excited for next week

Can he keep his act together? I doubt it highly.
The assistant...yes, very interesting. I wonder where that will go as the serial is already well past the half year mark.

happy to be me

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:40 pm
Didn't get the Mishpacha this week. Can anyone give a quick summary of what happened? TIA

malkacooks

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 1:25 pm
I forgot how long these serials usually are. I think diamond dust was 2 years....

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:12 pm
happy to be me wrote:
Didn't get the Mishpacha this week. Can anyone give a quick summary of what happened? TIA

Hidden: 

I don't remember it so clearly. Libby's engaged assistant is up to something and somehow, Libby finds herself giving her an expensive sheitel at cost (or less?) including cut. Bin calls Libby and is sounding more like his old self. This is the self he is at the end of the day as his meds wear off. Apparently for 12 hours out of every day (including sleep time) he is impulsive, ADDing, and making bad decisions. Like letting Libby know that he's about to call the woman he was seeing seriously to see if she'd be interested in the new improved Bin.

Did I miss anything?

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:38 pm
Adding to Pinkfridge's synopsis, also it seemed like Libby is taking a firmer approach to Avi's discipline, presumably having seen it work out for her mother.

I think they're usually in the neighborhood of 60-70 chapters, with most being on the shorter end of that.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:41 pm
Also,
Hidden: 

Mira (the assistant) tells Libby that she won't be returning after the wedding - this is on pretty short notice, and after asking her for a huge discount on the sheitel while insinuating that the markup is too high and the sheitel-sellers are getting rich off their customers. Libby was understandably taken aback by this and got snappish, then felt guilty and that's why she ended up changing her mind and giving her the sheitel. I'm assuming that the assistant is going to start competing with her, leading to the next new drama. She had been having those kinds of thoughts when she was subbing while Libby was on vacation...

happy to be me

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 1:36 am
Thanks pinkfridge and seeker.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room