Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Fall of the Sun God by Henye Meyer
Previous  1  2

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 8:45 am
Brownies wrote:
I think I'd really enjoy this book but I live in the UK. Is there any way I could get it as an e-book? It doesn't seem to be available for Kindle as far as I can see. If anyone can help, thanks!

You can get it as an ebook on www.jewish-e-books.com. It was republished as "A Stranger to my Brothers". But their website is down at the moment for a technical overhaul. Or if you are in London, you can PM and I'll lend you me copy. Wink

Brownies

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 8:47 am
chocolate fondue wrote:
Brownies wrote:
I think I'd really enjoy this book but I live in the UK. Is there any way I could get it as an e-book? It doesn't seem to be available for Kindle as far as I can see. If anyone can help, thanks!

You can get it as an ebook on www.jewish-e-books.com. It was republished as "A Stranger to my Brothers". But their website is down at the moment for a technical overhaul. Or if you are in London, you can PM and I'll lend you me copy. Wink

Not in London but thanks anyway! - and thanks for the e-book info, I'll look it up 😀

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 8:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I am reading it now. The first chapter I had to ask my husband who knows history to translate a lot of the words (and my vocabulary isn't too shabby!) -- there is NO way a 10 yo could read it and understand it properly. As the book goes on, it's easier, but it's still not light reading.

I also found the vocabulary difficult. I actually looked up a lot of the words and made a mini-glossary on my above mentioned squidoo page: http://www.squidoo.com/fall-of.....eyer.

exacterredactor

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:52 pm
Bump.
I really enjoy her writing but can't afford what Amazon is charging for this book. Jewish e-books is still down.
Anybody want to rent me their copy? I read fast and will return it in good condition, b"n.
Alternatively, maybe someone [who has mrs. Meyer's email, *whistling out the side of my mouth with eyes upraised*] would like to discuss with her the possibility of republishing it, perhaps with a frum publisher? Although one would think she would have considered that without our help. Maybe she just doesn't realize how many fans she has.

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:12 pm
I'm happy to lend my copy to you, but I'm in England. PM if you are interested.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:46 pm
I sold it to someone here but I'm not sure she posts on Imamother anymore. She may be able to lend it/ rent it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:49 pm
I own a copy but lent it out... I can ask the borrower to return it. I'm in Baltimore.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room