Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
9 Days supper for postpartum couple

starch

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:20 am
I am making supper one night for a friend who just had a baby. I plan on sending over a butternut squash soup and some sort of salad aside from a main dish. I plan on serving pizza for supper to my family so I'd be making a separate supper for them (just for 2 - this is their first child).

Any ideas of what to make (both main dish and salad) that is either parve or milchigs? I would prefer something easy to make since I'd only be making it for them, not for my family.

TIA

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:46 am
Sesame teriyaki salmon
Fried founder/tilapia

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:16 pm
Salmon sounds great and you can make it in the microwave if you want. I had pasta cravings postpartum and was thrilled with cheesy pasta dishes.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:44 pm
I would love the pizza why make a separate meal?

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:32 pm
Baked Ziti

Israeli salad

corn salad

busydev

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:39 pm
why not pizza?

when I was once organizing meals for a friend that gave birth shortly before the 9 days I was getting tons of people who were asking to make after. I was very confused and finally one person gave insight- during the 9 days she makes alot of breakfast for supper meals and cant give a pp woman pancakes. I was apologizing to the new mother that there were a few gaps and told her the reasoning and she was like we would love pancakes! so would I!!

as long as its nutritious and yummy I dont need fancy suppers pp. a soup, homemade pizza and a salad sounds amazing to me. (extra credit if there is more then enough and can have for lunch later during the week.)

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:26 pm
I would send the pizza.

Add the soup, a nice salad and maybe some apple crumble or ice cream for dessert but otherwise pizza (especially homemade) is delicious.

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:04 pm
Nowhere did she say she is making the pizza; she said she was serving pizza. If it's homemade then I agree that's definitely something you can give. If it's bought maybe ask beforehand if they would like pizza, maybe they would be happy with that and then you don't have to make anything more.

SplitPea

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:08 pm
If you are already making pizza but want something a bit more why not calzones? You can fill them with yummy things and they are more filling than pizza but use the same dough/ingredients.

We out fried onions, sautéed mushrooms/peppers, feta cheese, sauce, olives, pizza cheese etc inside then sprinkle the top with parm and "everything mix" (onion flakes, garlic flakes, kosher salt, sesame seeds etc)

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:40 pm
zatila!

agreer

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 6:26 pm
Op said she's SERVING pizza, not making it....

I would make baked ziti or lasagna with no boil noodles.

Regular salad (ready pac plus cucumber, tomato) and dressing is more than enough if you also have a soup.

observer

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 10:58 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
zatila!

What"s that?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 2:12 am
Zatila

starch

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:46 am
Op here.

Thanks for your ideas. It seems like many people don't mind getting pizza for supper. I just read through the Zatila thread and am now thinking of making that for my family and this couple instead of pizza. Smile

Any specific salad ideas? I'm really not good with salads.

Thanks everyone!

busydev

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 10:37 am
I would just do a general salad.

I usually send a bag of lettuce, some cut up peppers, tomato, cucumbers and a dressing (italian to fit with the pizza? Wink ) in a small container. this way they can decide how they want to eat it (for instance my fil only likes plain veggies undressed so my mil always brings dressing to the table and ppl just put it on their salad if they want it.

Kira

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 10:55 am
I agree with busydev that a general salad is a good idea.

You can also jazz it up with craisins, salad croutons, toasted nuts etc if you wanted
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals