Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Moving to Monsey (Chabad)

muss

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:34 pm
We want to move and looking for the best option. We are thinking maybe Monsey - what is the community like, school, place..... any info would be great
thanks

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:39 pm
Thinking about moving to monsey also

mandr

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 9:45 pm
Can you be specific?

Monsey is a beautiful place that's a nice blend somewhere on the spectrum between city and suburb. It really depends on which area of Monsey you're talking about - each area is a different type, chassidish, yeshivish, modern, ex-chassidism etc. There's a Cheder Chabbad school. I'm not chabbad so I don't know any resources but there are lots of Chabbad families here.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:26 pm
There's still modern people living in Monsey? Are any of them younger than retirement age?

thanks

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:55 pm
There are so many different neighborhoods and many different schools to choose from. There is a great school Hebrew Academy of New City (Chabad) that is 10 min out of Monsey. It's a small school that caters to every child's needs. They have 21st century technology in the classrooms, great teachers, and a wide variety of students. You can PM me for more info. or contact the school directly @ 845-634-0951.

muss

Post Sat, Jul 26 2014, 11:27 pm
thanks wrote:
There are so many different neighborhoods and many different schools to choose from. There is a great school Hebrew Academy of New City (Chabad) that is 10 min out of Monsey. It's a small school that caters to every child's needs. They have 21st century technology in the classrooms, great teachers, and a wide variety of students. You can PM me for more info. or contact the school directly @ 845-634-0951.

Why would people send to this school and not the chabad school in monsey? whats the difference? Whats the community like in monsey?
thanks

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 11:09 am
thanks wrote:

Hebrew Academy.

Would you tell me more about this school?
Are classes mixed after 1st grade?
What is the parent body made up of?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Hebrew Academy.

Would you tell me more about this school?
Are classes mixed after 1st grade?
What is the parent body made up of?

I hard that it is similar to Ashar's parent body. A parent told me that Ashar lost some students to Hebrew Academy. Hebrew Academy is supposed to have a better secular education.

mynameismom

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 8:46 am
Hebrew academy has a very high standard of education it is not a Chabad cheder but a day school run by Chabad. Most of my kids are registered there for this coming year. You would probably want to look at Cheder Chabad as well to see what is the best fit for your family.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 3:33 pm
I'm also looking into the possibility of moving to monsey. Would love to know about the chabad minyanim and where they are? (So I can search homes in that area for idea of price and taxes) I heard there is a minyan of young families that my family would really fit into. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where its located?
About this cheder lubavitch, does it go up to 8th? Is there a boys high school? Is there secular at the boys school? Whats the asking tuition there?
Sorry so many questions, but if anyone can answer any of them, I'd be very greatfull.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics