Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation ideas ?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 2:00 pm
Hi, I am looking to go away with my husband from a sunday- thursday.
We dont want more than a 4 hr flight from NYC.
We like beaches, and kosher food.
Any recommendations?
No Florida, we have been there already.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 3:42 pm
Hmm, beaches less than a 4 hour flight with kosher food, not counting Florida. Not a ton of options that meet all of that. LA/SD comes to mind, but it's more like a 5 hour flight. There are great options in the Caribbean with direct flights around 3 hours and out-of-this-world beaches, but not great food options. I think there's a kosher B&B in South Carolina, but no idea how close it is to the beach. Can you be flexible on any of your specifications?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:02 pm
doctorima wrote:
Hmm, beaches less than a 4 hour flight with kosher food, not counting Florida. Not a ton of options that meet all of that. LA/SD comes to mind, but it's more like a 5 hour flight. There are great options in the Caribbean with direct flights around 3 hours and out-of-this-world beaches, but not great food options. I think there's a kosher B&B in South Carolina, but no idea how close it is to the beach. Can you be flexible on any of your specifications?

Yea I'll give up on the food lol. Maybe I'll bring from home. What Caribbean islands are you referring to?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:03 pm
I don't want to go anywhere that may be affected by hurricane season. We are iyh going mid august

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 5:32 pm
Look to see where you can get a good rate on a direct flight with such late notice. There are also parts of the Caribbean that are supposed to be much less prone to hurricanes; I forgot if it's the north or the south. But look into Aruba (has Chabad), Grand Cayman Islands, Bahamas (more commericalized), US Virgin Islands (don't need passport, also has Chabad), Turks and Caicos, Puerto Rico. If you're nervous, for a little extra money you can buy trip insurance. You'll have a wonderful trip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics