Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Vacation planner
Previous  1  2  3

Vacation planner, good idea?
Yes  
 48%  [ 12 ]
No  
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 5:30 am
Open here.
One random question: If offered the services 'causemommysaid' and Mrs Bissli mentioned in their posts, how much would you pay for such services?
Of course I have a price in mind, but I would be interested to hear others opinion.
Thank you!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 11:42 am
Any insights?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 11:48 am
The person I know who does this doesn't charge a specific fee. She just puts together a package for the clients that includes all expenses plus a profit for her. The profit probably varies based on the client's needs.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 12:22 pm
I agree with MaBelleVie. That's the way to do it (hide your fee in the package). For example, I searched a JetBlue Getaway the other day. It said that flights to Orlando for my family, plus a week in a hotel, came out to around $2000. I said to myself - wow, that's awesome, I would love to book that trip. I didn't say - well, how much were the flights, and how much is the hotel, and what is JetBlue's profit from the deal?

Similarly, if you are out of the US, let's say for example Rome. We paid a fortune for food, and another fortune for tours. But it was worth it because this was a big trip of ours. Let's say you say - I'll book all of your food, tours, and train rides for three days, for $750. You hide $100 as fees. That might work?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with MaBelleVie. That's the way to do it (hide your fee in the package). For example, I searched a JetBlue Getaway the other day. It said that flights to Orlando for my family, plus a week in a hotel, came out to around $2000. I said to myself - wow, that's awesome, I would love to book that trip. I didn't say - well, how much were the flights, and how much is the hotel, and what is JetBlue's profit from the deal?

Similarly, if you are out of the US, let's say for example Rome. We paid a fortune for food, and another fortune for tours. But it was worth it because this was a big trip of ours. Let's say you say - I'll book all of your food, tours, and train rides for three days, for $750. You hide $100 as fees. That might work?

Ok, but people would like to know how much they would be paying for the extra service, no?
To see if it's even worth for them or not.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 1:47 pm
My sil does this for people in London. Its a good business. But you have to know how to deal with difficult people so you should cover yourself legally.

A lot of people use the service cause they don't have internet.

Good luck.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 1:55 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
My sil does this for people in London. Its a good business. But you have to know how to deal with difficult people so you should cover yourself legally.

A lot of people use the service cause they don't have internet.

Good luck.

Thank you, but I don't understand what difficult people have to do with covering myself legally?
I know there are difficult people, I hope to be able to deal with them with patience and understanding.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, but I don't understand what difficult people have to do with covering myself legally?
I know there are difficult people, I hope to be able to deal with them with patience and understanding.

He said you said. Make sure you have everything down in writing.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, but people would like to know how much they would be paying for the extra service, no?
To see if it's even worth for them or not.

No. That's not the clientele you're dealing with.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:47 pm
Ah, sure! Thanks! Wink

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 4:52 pm
I know someone that does it for all of Europe... I think it's a great idea!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 6:27 pm
B'h, the first client called today!

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and idea's, they boosted my confidence to start this business.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics