Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp Bnos/Chayil are girls wearing long skirts on Shabbos?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 9:57 pm
My daughter is going to Chayil second half. She has two long skirt Shabbos outfits - ankle length. She says she needs new Shabbos outfits because nobody wears long skirts in camp. But it seems like long skirts for Shabbos are more in style this year, so I'm wondering if anyone's daughters are wearing them in camp - specifically Bnos/Chayil. I really don't want to buy her more clothing now. Thanks.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 11:13 pm
My DD is in Bnos this half. In general, the girls do not wear to the floor on Shabbos. Many girls in chayil are wearing blouses and stockings during the week, so I don't think to the floor would work.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 9:23 am
Thank you for the info. I don't really understand, why are girls wearing pantyhose during the week in camp???!! Don't they want to be comfortable?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for the info. I don't really understand, why are girls wearing pantyhose during the week in camp???!! Don't they want to be comfortable?

I suppose if there are no guys around (or they don't always wear them anyway), they don't wear them. But many of those who "wear tights" wear them always. I'm not sure a floor length skirt is way more practical to be active, especially if you want peace of mind with wind, jumping... in fact they may davka wear leggings or thick pantyhose.

Tekky

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 9:42 am
OP - you kinda want to go out and buy her a short shabbos skirt. Trust me on this one:)

Spoke to s/o there and they said that 95% are wearing short, and the 5% wearing long are wearing skirts that sweep the floor.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:25 am
Thanks cfx. She has two short skirt outfits and two long - I really meant sweeping the floor, not ankle length.
She has self confidence issues and really needs to fit in. If the 5% are the really "in" type of girls, then she would be ok with it. If not, then I guess I really have to buy her more outfits. Unfortunately we've been shopping and she doesn't like anything, and money is really tight right now. Sad

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 6:59 pm
don't know if this advice is needed anymore but in camps like bnos the long skirts are usually extra for Friday night/Shabbos afternoon

sky

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 7:05 pm
mommyofd1 wrote:
don't know if this advice is needed anymore but in camps like bnos the long skirts are usually extra for Friday night/Shabbos afternoon

I was going to say this. The older girls may be wearing sweeping the floors Friday night, but shabbos day will probably be short skirts. two short skirts should be fine.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 9:05 pm
Thanks, I wish I would have known before she went Wink . At least we found some clothing that she loved, for very cheap. I guess I could bring her long skirts on visiting day if she still wants it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children