Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Should I use Wix for my website?

imamotherusername

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 3:34 pm
Do any of you use wix for an at-home biz? I made my site live after creating a site with them. I really like their apps, graphics, ease of usability. But not finding myself on google at all! Could be my inexperience and ignorance when it comes to SEO....but wondering if it is b/c it's on wix?
If you can help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks! Smile

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 9:04 pm
following. I also use wix but not because of any fancy reason, simply that's what I liked to play with first. Unsure whether to stay with it. It certainly is easy to use!

kb

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 9:16 pm
How long is your site live for? I think it takes search engines a while to discover you. (Could be there are tricks to become discovered faster)

amother

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 10:44 pm
Unless your really unique it can take a long time for you to be found.
Most people put a lot of effort into being googled.
when you google the terms you expect to find what is coming up? Are they the same type but have been around longer, advertise a lot, are linked around from other places.

I once heard a mashal that opening a web site is like opening a store in the jungle. Nobody is going to find it unless the way is shown.
I really killed that line. But it is the basic idea.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jul 30 2014, 11:55 pm
I know nothing about wix. I prefer wordpress installed on a self hosted site. But in terms of SEO, is it evergreen or a blog? Keyword rich? Lots and lots of linkbacks? Your niche is small enough? Article marketing (with your site in your bio box) can be a quick way to move up in google searches. time consuming but powerful, getting your brainpower out there.

Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 4:48 am
I do. But I pay additional $49 a year for publicizing which mean finding on google as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers