Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Work for absences

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 5:16 pm
I teach in Junior High of a jewish girls school. The office wants set lesson plans that can be taught on any day if I should be absent. The want to know that the substitute has something that can be given to the class whether or not they are qualified to teach the information.

(please dont make this into part of the discussion, the school is made up of 50-60 teachers and 20 aides, they have 3 full time substitutes on staff, however there are days when 10 teachers are out, so the substitute may only be coming in to babysit the students)

The subjects I teach are science, math and history.
I would like them to be self contained lessons, gradable in class, and collected by the end of the 40 minute period.

What type of lesson plans do you suggest?
I was thinking of nonfiction reading with 3-5 questions. However, what happens to the advanced student who can complete the activity in 10 min and the weak student who needs the entire 35 minutes to complete.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 6:50 pm
have multiple readings available per lesson. the students can be graded on what they completed, not how much they completed. so the advanced students can finish three readings while the average students complete one. consider using the extra readings for extra credit or some such.

I had a teacher who used to give out logic puzzles if we finished our work early. we handed them in when they were done. the student who handed the most completed logic puzzles in got a book of logic puzzles at the end of the year. perhaps you can come up with something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics